Thread: John Birch Society says Wisconsin bill [AB-237] would let police arrest people ...

Herr Heckler Koch

John Birch Society says Wisconsin bill [AB-237] would let police arrest people ...

So apparently politifact didn't do their homework and doesn't realize that this bill would have made ZERO impact on Krysta's case against brookfield.

I emailed politifact to point out the HUGE glaring flaw in their story.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.

the JBS is way to liberal for me...that gives you an idea of where I am. :-)

Campaign Veteran
    Politifact also believes that this bill to is allow LEO to arrest for tattooing of children and drunken flying of planes. If that tiny little list is all that they cared about, then the law should have been written to include those offenses, not ALL offenses. You can polish a **** all you want, it's still a ****. This bill is worded in such a manner as to be left open to interpretation (surprise, surprise, surprise)..........
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    The JBS website linked in the first post contains a link to a very easy way to email your our Governor, Lt. Gov., State Senator, and State Representative.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

The bill is bad and the JBS is nuttier than a pet squirrel.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    The bill is bad and the JBS is nuttier than a pet squirrel.
    I'm not really one for conspiracy theories....but they have been right about an awful lot. Some people would call us nuts for not believing the LEO's can do no wrong, or that we believe that "shall not be infringed" means just that. Perspective.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Got a reply from someone at the milwaukee journal sentinel, which is interesting considering I used the "contact us" button on politifact. So JS = politifact?

Anyways, this was the reply:

The chief was making the point that under current law, officers didn't have authority to make an arrest for a state civil forfeiture violation.

My response.

Yes and while it may not have changed the rating you gave the statement, the point was that the police chief made the comment in such a way as to imply that the Krysta Sutterfield lawsuit wouldn't have happened had this new law been in place. When, in fact, that is not the case. The lawsuit would have been the same and the outcome the same. The latest news is that several legislators have dropped co-sponsorship, and the bill is all but dead now after they discovered the chief's drastically misleading statements.

The politifact article uses those same statements, and also ends up being misleading by implying that what the chief said about the new law preventing such lawsuits was true.

There is something very...

...wrong going on, and I'm afraid it goes up the chain. This recall action may have some more concerned than we think. I write, call, and nothing. Rep Vos was always good about contacting me, but then, they were wanting, not me. Wanggaard, that guy acts like he can't read. What worries me is I've checked Vos's record, and committee involvement, he doesn't have a dog in this fight. I just don't know. Where, and when do they post public hearings on these bills? I've looked, and can't find anything. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.