Thread: Visiting panhandle, oc need to know?

Visiting panhandle, oc need to know?

Hi all. I'll be taking a little road trip out Idaho way this weekend, actually be staying more than a couple hours this time. IIRC, Idaho is a gold star oc state, but are there any "must know" state statutes I should be aware of, or odd carry laws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Welcome to Idaho! Basically, can open carry anywgere except schools, jails and courthouses. Respect private property rights, of course.

Idaho accepts all other states conceal permits.

none that i can think of, But if you read the post below (currently) this one, you will note that OC in a vehicle means the weapon must be in plain sight (if loaded). if it is concealed while in your car you must have a CC permit. I usually put mine on the passenger seat. other wise, idaho has preemtion, so you don't have to worry about any county/local laws. If you end up on a college campus up there, expect to be asked to leave. otherwise i cant think of anything
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action. - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    ...you will note that OC in a vehicle means the weapon must be in plain sight (if loaded). if it is concealed while in your car you must have a CC permit. I usually put mine on the passenger seat...
    I prefer this version which does not mention OC.

(9) While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/ids...ECT18-3302.htm