• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting panhandle, oc need to know?

Metalhead47

Hi all. I'll be taking a little road trip out Idaho way this weekend, actually be staying more than a couple hours this time. IIRC, Idaho is a gold star oc state, but are there any "must know" state statutes I should be aware of, or odd carry laws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carracer

Welcome to Idaho! Basically, can open carry anywgere except schools, jails and courthouses. Respect private property rights, of course.

Idaho accepts all other states conceal permits.

silver

none that i can think of, But if you read the post below (currently) this one, you will note that OC in a vehicle means the weapon must be in plain sight (if loaded). if it is concealed while in your car you must have a CC permit. I usually put mine on the passenger seat. other wise, idaho has preemtion, so you don't have to worry about any county/local laws. If you end up on a college campus up there, expect to be asked to leave. otherwise i cant think of anything

oldbanger

...you will note that OC in a vehicle means the weapon must be in plain sight (if loaded). if it is concealed while in your car you must have a CC permit. I usually put mine on the passenger seat...

I prefer this version which does not mention OC.

(9) While in any motor vehicle, inside the limits or confines of any city, a person shall not carry a concealed weapon on or about his person without a license to carry a concealed weapon. This shall not apply to any firearm located in plain view whether it is loaded or unloaded. A firearm may be concealed legally in a motor vehicle so long as the weapon is disassembled or unloaded.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title18/T18CH33SECT18-3302.htm