• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 19 extractor

gm2max

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my glock 19 extracting rounds onto my face. I am in a normal, front on stance, with the gun at full arms length. The extractor when firing most of the time puts the rounds back and to the right of the gun, but sometimes it hits me on the face and head, scaring the **** out of me. I do not like hot metal touching the best feature of me (lol). Do any of you have this issue? any suggestions on how to fix this?? I wear eye protection in the means of miltary issue Z87+ lens glasses that I use everday. I worry about one getting stuck in there.

This might just sound childish, but it ticks me off when the bullets go downrange, and the brass whacks me in the face.:cuss::banghead:

j4l

Just try to stop shooting like a gangsta! :banghead:

100_0787.jpg

Last edited:

carry for myself

This......is somewhat "normal" lol I've fired hundreds of different guns. And always end up smacking a few shells off my forehead lol. It is caused by one or two things. +p ammo.......if there is too much powder it will eject the shell with enough force to throw off its intended trijectory and it goes back instead of out and back. #w weak giuderod spring. Same effect as above. Use lighter loads and replace the spring. You'll be fine :)