• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

donations needed: new law in WI heading for legal challenge

MKEgal

Many people have been following the thread in the WI forum about my... interaction... with Milwaukee PD this past Friday.

I am completely amazed & overwhelmed by the support.
The friends I didn't know I had, & the lengths to which they (& people I've never met!) tried to go to help me.
Where's the "sniffling w/ a kleenex" smiley?

Many people want to help w/ legal & other expenses, so I made this email & linked it to my PayPal account. Feel free to circulate it: mkegal.legal AT yahoo.com

So far there's about $700 donated, the vast majority of which is in the range of $10-$25 per person...
(one box of ammo); some can give more, some less, all is appreciated.

I borrowed $500 to give my lawyer today, owe another $1000 by the end of the week, & the rest next week. (Plus repaying Dave for getting my car out of the pokie today, just under $200.)

If they decide to charge ccw, I will be the test case :mad: & her fees will increase.
She's being extremely generous by allowing me to pay most of it after she's actually started working on the case, as well as quoting sort of a "package price" to handle what's happened so far.
(Barring further charges... the DA hasn't decided on that yet; will know later this week.)

Mastantuono Law is one of the most experienced firms in re dealing with WI firearms laws.

Here are 2 identical articles on the incident... comments are sure to get you riled.

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

Sent what I could, and my best regards. I stand by my previous statements, gun rights know no state boundries to me. I am in Va. but will gladly contribute to the fight.

Sent using tapatalk

Last edited:

kadar

I PP in your pool. :p I knew you wouldn't mind. :D

And according to one of your other posts you need a few of these,

{{{HUGZ}}}

JJC

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
PayPal link direct to MKEgal's account to offset legal fees and expenses:

Give what you can - we are strong because we are many.
She really needs and deserves our support.

Read all about it here and here.

Quoting Grape just to keep the PayPal button active.

Another donation sent - I can do a week of Ramen Noodles. You need legal representation now, not next month. If there is a settlement (I hope not!) or the City and PD gets hit with paying costs, compensation and punitive damages you can think about refunding contributions if not putting the $$ into some sort of legal defense fund. No matter what the disposition of their money, it is all good.

stay safe.

BE SURE YOU MARK YOUR DONATION AS PERSONAL RATHER THAN A REGULAR BUSINESS TRANSACTION. Not doing so could result in a percentage being skimmed off the top for use fees.

Last edited: