Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Mayors Against Illegal Guns"

"Mayors Against Illegal Guns"

I was looking over the last H.R. 822 hearing and noticed in some of the submitted material a list for "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". Now, I knew Paul Fraim from Norfolk was on that list, but was kinda surprised so see William Sessoms from Virginia Beach on there. I know this is old news to most of ya, but it caught me a little off guard.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jermflux View Post
    I was looking over the last H.R. 822 hearing and noticed in some of the submitted material a list for "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". Now, I knew Paul Fraim from Norfolk was on that list, but was kinda surprised so see William Sessoms from Virginia Beach on there. I know this is old news to most of ya, but it caught me a little off guard.
    We've been working on it

I have heard that there is a "mayor" from PA on that list, that has been dead for over a year, and that there is another mayor on the list from another state that is also dead.

However, there are at least three WA mayors on that list that will be unemployed next year

Last year a group of us attended a City Council meeting in VB (where I reside) and confronted Sessoms about his deleterious involvement with the known criminal Michael Bloomberg. It seemed SEVERAL councilmen were caught rather unawares and were eager (or at least open-minded) to discussing the consequences of such a fraternity with us after the open comment section.

If memory serves me (someone please correct me if I am mistaken) we got some positive response from Bill DeSteph and John Uhrin.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Are they against guns or criminals?

What do they consider an illegal gun? Is it a gun that comes into the country illegally?

Just asking because all my guns are legal as far as I know.

I did not know this about Mayor Sessoms, I do believe that I will definitely make sure I don't vote for him...again.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    We should start a new group called "Guns Against Illegal Mayors" and have the goal of removing criminal mayors from office.
    Im sure you will be accused of inciting violence. Unless it was "Gun Owners" or simply Citizens

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    We should start a new group called "Guns Against Illegal Mayors" and have the goal of removing criminal mayors from office.
    This. I love you. Do EEETT!!!
    Last edited by ixtow; 11-18-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Im sure you will be accused of inciting violence.
    What's wrong with that? Traitors are supposed to hang, right?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Skeptic

Im sure you will be accused of inciting violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    What's wrong with that? ....snipped...
    It is totally against the rules of OCDO - end of story, end of discussion in that vein.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Exclamation What rule is he violating?

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
    By my reading of the rules, asserting that traitors should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, being that treason is a Capital offense to which the death penalty may be applied, is not a violation.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    By my reading of the rules, asserting that traitors should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, being that treason is a Capital offense to which the death penalty may be applied, is not a violation.
    This.

Damn Grape, you've never disappointed me before...
    Last edited by ixtow; 11-18-2011 at 12:31 PM.

You change the perspective.

The original term/ thought in question was "inciting violence." There was no reference to a legal process.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

The original term/ thought in question was "inciting violence." There was no reference to a legal process.
    Identification of treason is rarely a legal process... The Guv rarely indicts it's own pawns...

Wink

I'll mark it on my calendar.

I'll mark it on my calendar.

As the 1st time that's been done.........or the last time?

As the 1st time that's been done... or the last time?
    Something my mother used to say on the occasion of a rare occurrence.

Richmond MAIG Mayor Jones acts "like he is some king."

Super hypocrite Dwight C. Jones, who is very anti-gun, loves having lots of police around for his own protection. It sure costs taxpayers lots of money:

City Council questions the cost of protecting mayor from Occupy Richmond
    Protesters remained camped out next door to Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones, exercising their freedom of speech Friday morning.

But it is far from free if you look at the bottom line.

Councilman Bruce Tyler weighed in on an internal police memo leaked to WTVR CBS 6. The memo, he said showed police are bucking the system because they want to get back to work.

“These folks in the police department want to do their jobs and in doing so that doesn’t mean protecting the mayor every step while he puts his self interest above all else,” Tyler said.

"We are paying half a million dollars a year to have the mayor driven around like he is some king. He's a mayor. he doesn't need police protection,” Tyler added.

The internal police memo, leaked to WTVR CBS 6, revealed extra security is in the cards for the mayor.

It stated a police officer is required to park in the front and in the rear of the mayor’s residence, around the clock.

If those positions were filled with officers straight out of the academy, at minimum, it would cost taxpayers $1500 a day.

Tyler called the cost estimate a conservative one.

“First off it's not going to be a junior police officer," he said. "I think you're looking at $3000 or $4000 a day to protect him."
    So, is Jones a "1%" or a "99%" .... ??

Did I change it, or did you presume the wrong one from the get go?

Hanging was stated, but the reason left unsaid. I added it.

ASS-U-ME.

Did I change it, or did you presume the wrong one from the get go?

Hanging was stated, but the reason left unsaid. I added it.

ASS-U-ME.
    Ah so, not so - not even haf so as I long ago deleted "assume" from my normal vocabulary.

There is a stronger element of postulation or hypothesis in assume and of a belief held on the basis of external evidence in presume.

In using presume, the speaker believes the supposition is true and will believe it until he learns otherwise. In using assume, the speaker feels no certainty that his supposition is true or not. In a legal context, presume means “to take as proved until contrary evidence is presented.” Ex. The defendant is presumed innocent.

Apresume means “to take as proved until contrary evidence is presented.” Ex. The defendant is presumed innocent.
    Nonetheless, you brandished your mod-finger in advance. :-p You're having fun with it today I see...

Nonetheless, you brandished your mod-finger in advance. :-p You're having fun with it today I see...
    Always......don't you?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to determine which one that is.

Always......don't you?
    I don't have a mod-finger. I would never be so bold as to tell another person what they can and cannot say under any circumstances. I don't step on anyone's Right to Free Speech, even on my own property... But, not all people are so American...

I do not know how or if this applies but Racine WI. mayor's executive order to post city buildings and trying to escape from the law mandated liabilities....

Here...

http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...cc4c002e0.html

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Angry

"The sign includes a disclaimer at the bottom: “Although weapons are banned from this municipal facility, the City of Racine cannot ensure the protection of visitors or its employees from individuals who unlawfully enter with weapons and does not offer protection against the actions of violators.”

Letteney said the disclaimer was in part based upon advice from the city’s liability insurer."

Read more: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/loc...#ixzz1eRoUBw6r

I love the quote from the city, you can't legally protect yourself on city property that you pay taxes to run and we can't and won't protect you if a criminal decides to start shooting up the place.

You as a taxpayer have to pay for the mayor and council, pay for the stickers, and play rolette with your life....but the mayor can't be held responsiable.

Does that mean people don't have to pay city taxes anymore now that the mayor has gone off his rocker. He needs a big lawsuit and kicked out of office, if the citizens (sheep) allow this they deserve to be subjects and not have FREEDOM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast