• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liquor store at Silver Spring Shopping Center posted. Read why this stinks.

pkbites

I don't live anywhere near this place 6000 W. Silver Spring, Milwaukee. And it's a crummy neighborhood. Right across the street from West Lawn housing projects.

But every now and then I go there and stock up on some brew. They have this section of the store called "discount corner" and the deals are excellent:

6 packs of Sam Adams $2.99
12 packs of Sam adams $5.99
12 packs of Corona $5.99
6 packs of Strohs $1.99.
6 pack of Wisconsin Amber $2.99.
And so on.

I kid you not. A fellow at work told me about it last year and I've been going there once a month since. Always armed, of course.

Tonight I noticed it was posted "No weapons of any kind" on the door. The DOJ seems to think I might be able to legally ignore that sign but why should I be able to when other law abiding people exercising their rights can't? I had been on my way home from Gun World in Germantown and was open carrying tonight. As I was walking through the door I saw the sign and turned around and left. Took my money somewhere else!

I didn't bother to talk to the 2 creeps working there as neither seemed to speak English in any proficient way. I can only guess what they were saying when they say my Glock on my hip. I will have to find out who owns the store and contact them as to why I will not be going out of my way to patronize his/her store.

Any help finding this information will be appreciated!

Last edited:

msteinhilber

Do you have any receipts with the business name? Might not list it aside from something generic on a cash receipt but if you've made a credit/debit card purchase, it usually has the the legal name listed on their merchant account on any receipts that print from the terminal.

Trip20

The DOJ seems to think I might be able to legally ignore that sign but why should I be able to when other law abiding people exercising their rights can't?

I'm sorry I don't know the business in question, but I also don't understand the statement above.

Are you LEO or something?

Trip20

Relax boys. The comment just didn't make sense with out background knowledge as to the privileges of the speaker.

bigdaddy1

Well as I have never heard of a liquor store being robbed, and now that they have posted no weapons are permited inside they are perfectly safe. I mean how much safer do they need to be?:confused: