Thread: Reply from Legislative Counsel Bureau

Reply from Legislative Counsel Bureau

I received a letter today (registered) from Brenda J. Erdoes, Legislative Counsel, State of NV Legislative Counsel Bureau regarding the ethics complaint I filed against Assemblyman William Horne back some months ago. I think there were several others on here who did the same. The letter reads:

Dear Mr. XXX

Staff is currently completing the investigation of the Ethics Complaint you filed
    with the Assembly Select Committee on Ethics regarding an alleged violation of
    Assembly Standing Rule No. 23 by Assemblyman William Horne during the 2011
    Legislative Session. Please let me know at your earliest convenience whether you have
    any additional information regarding the complaint that you would like staff to consider
    in the investigation. Upon hearing from you, we will complete the investigation of this
    matter.

I have included my contact information on the enclosure. You are welcome to
    respond by e-mail, mail, fax or telephone, whichever is more convenient for you.

Sincerely

Brenda J. Erdoes
    Legislative Council

The complaint was that as Chairman of the Judicial Committee, under Assembly procedures, Mr. Horne was required to make it know in Committee or on the floor of the Assembly that he had
    a conflict of interest with regard to a bill in his Committee. He did not.

TBG
    Last edited by The Big Guy; 11-15-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

I got this as well.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

I too received same.

A fellow SFA member called the LCB and was told that probably no action would be taken until the next legislative session (2013!).

The LCB staffer also indicated she had only six complaints. THAT I doubt. I'm confident more than six of us sent complaints.

I cannot think of any "additional info" to provide. But I continue to believe Asm Horne should have recused himself from chairing the Asm Jud Cmte hearing on SB-231. He obviously had close ties to UNLV. And it seems readily apparent/obvious he showed total bias to UNLV/NSHE.

When I filed this complaint, I also sent copies to all the news media in LV/Reno. No one ran with it that I know of, even though Horne was also on the hot seat for something else at the time. I'm going to send a copy of this letter to news media too. Maybe they will pick it up. Hoping maybe one of the radio talk shows will run with it.

As Varminter said they "ONLY" received 6 complaints. My answer to that is, so what? One should be more than enough, the guy is dirty.

TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.