• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reply from Legislative Counsel Bureau

The Big Guy

I received a letter today (registered) from Brenda J. Erdoes, Legislative Counsel, State of NV Legislative Counsel Bureau regarding the ethics complaint I filed against Assemblyman William Horne back some months ago. I think there were several others on here who did the same. The letter reads:

Dear Mr. XXX

Staff is currently completing the investigation of the Ethics Complaint you filed
with the Assembly Select Committee on Ethics regarding an alleged violation of
Assembly Standing Rule No. 23 by Assemblyman William Horne during the 2011
Legislative Session. Please let me know at your earliest convenience whether you have
any additional information regarding the complaint that you would like staff to consider
in the investigation. Upon hearing from you, we will complete the investigation of this
matter.

I have included my contact information on the enclosure. You are welcome to
respond by e-mail, mail, fax or telephone, whichever is more convenient for you.

Sincerely

Brenda J. Erdoes
Legislative Council

The complaint was that as Chairman of the Judicial Committee, under Assembly procedures, Mr. Horne was required to make it know in Committee or on the floor of the Assembly that he had
a conflict of interest with regard to a bill in his Committee. He did not.

TBG

Last edited:

varminter22

I too received same.

A fellow SFA member called the LCB and was told that probably no action would be taken until the next legislative session (2013!).

The LCB staffer also indicated she had only six complaints. THAT I doubt. I'm confident more than six of us sent complaints.

I cannot think of any "additional info" to provide. But I continue to believe Asm Horne should have recused himself from chairing the Asm Jud Cmte hearing on SB-231. He obviously had close ties to UNLV. And it seems readily apparent/obvious he showed total bias to UNLV/NSHE.

The Big Guy

When I filed this complaint, I also sent copies to all the news media in LV/Reno. No one ran with it that I know of, even though Horne was also on the hot seat for something else at the time. I'm going to send a copy of this letter to news media too. Maybe they will pick it up. Hoping maybe one of the radio talk shows will run with it.

As Varminter said they "ONLY" received 6 complaints. My answer to that is, so what? One should be more than enough, the guy is dirty.

TBG