• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT ALERT: House Vote Coming Soon on CCW Reciprocity Bill

Redbaron007

This process exemplifies my point that the feds needed to stay out of the regulation of a state’s rights for CCW. What if this occurs with a more liberal House/Senate? Although it looks as if the amendments will be defeated, this is a prime example of why the states should continue to work out the reciprocity issue amongst themselves.

ken243

This process exemplifies my point that the feds needed to stay out of the regulation of a state’s rights for CCW. What if this occurs with a more liberal House/Senate? Although it looks as if the amendments will be defeated, this is a prime example of why the states should continue to work out the reciprocity issue amongst themselves.

With the number of years "shall issue" has been in effect in many states I would say they had their chance. Many have worked this issue properly. But, many states like The People Republic of Kaliforicstan have not. They have nearly eliminated the 2A rights of their people. This bill is their saving grace. Those people can now get a Utah CPL and be able to protect their person and family without having to move from the state. The 2A applies to the United States not 49 or 48. This bill is moving things in the right direction. But, its still a long road ahead.

Redbaron007

With the number of years "shall issue" has been in effect in many states I would say they had their chance. Many have worked this issue properly. But, many states like The People Republic of Kaliforicstan have not. They have nearly eliminated the 2A rights of their people. This bill is their saving grace. Those people can now get a Utah CPL and be able to protect their person and family without having to move from the state. The 2A applies to the United States not 49 or 48. This bill is moving things in the right direction. But, its still a long road ahead.

Do you not think 'The People Republic of Kaliforicstan' would move to remove conceal and carry? Then what does this bill do for them? Even less. :rolleyes:

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
Biometrics, CCW federal database?

This guy in an email to me claims that an amendment was attached allowing for a federal database and biometrics to the bill, if so that is very disturbing. I haven't had time to research this further though.

NAGR_email.gif

dion,

I was right to be concerned.

Not only was H.R. 822 -- the Trojan horse gun control bill -- passed out of the House of Representatives this evening, it was passed with an amendment that would open the door to federal biometric requirements for concealed firearms permits and a federally-administered database of all permit holders.

Only 7 Republican Members of Congress stood against federal overreach in the concealed carry process by opposing this bill (you can see how your Representative voted here: [url]http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll852.xml[/URL]).

The bill was amended this afternoon by ostensibly “pro-gun” Republicans to require a study be done on the ability of law enforcement officers to verify the validity of out-of-state concealed firearm permits.

You and I both know what this means. A year from now, the study will come back stating that the only way to“verify” out-of-state permits is through federally-mandated biometric requirements for concealed firearm permits and Congress“must” create a nationally administered database of all concealed weapon permit holders.

One of my biggest concerns about this bill -- the lists of gun owners a permit process creates -- should send shivers down your spine: Imagine Eric Holder and the BATFE with a national database of concealed carry permit holders.

It’s bad enough to have those lists exist at a state level. Once Eric Holder and his cronies find a way to request that list from a state, they’ll do it -- all the in the name of “implementing H.R. 822.”

The legislation now moves to the Harry Reid-run Senate, where companion legislation is expected to be introduced in the coming days. I have no doubt that the anti-gunners in the Senate will use this as an opportunity to make H.R. 822 even worse.

What troubles me most about this battle is the institutional gun lobby has been leading the charge for this legislation. In fact, they’ve been brow-beating Members of Congress who dare to question the consequences of passing such a broad, overreaching piece of legislation.

Republican Congressman Justin Amash (MI-03) fought back against the institutional gun lobby for its support of H.R. 822:

"It's remarkably bold of the National Rifle Association to send out false and misleading messages regarding H R 822, an unconstitutional bill that improperly applies the Commerce Clause to concealed carry licensing. I would support legislation that gets the federal government out of the way of states that want to recognize other states' concealed carry permits. In contrast, H R 822 will hurt gun rights by conceding broad new authority to the federal government to override state sovereignty.

Gun rights advocates have fought hard to prevent liberal abuse of the Commerce Clause that would restrict gun rights... I am disappointed that the NRA has decided to put its own interests ahead of the interests of gun owners. Fortunately, many other gun rights groups rightly oppose H R 822."​

Please call your Senator at (202) 224-3121 and tell them you want to keep the government’s hands off your permit and that you oppose federal intrusion into the concealed weapons permit process.

Thank you for taking action to keep the federal government out of the concealed firearms permit system.

For Freedom,

DWBsigBlue.jpg

Dudley Brown
Executive Director

kcgunfan

We've debunked this guy several times. He appears to be against this bill a fundraising device, and lies about it regularly. Try reading the text if the bill with its one amendment and see if that is in there.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Do you guys who are cheering this realize that you are further legitimizing the unconstitutional use of the commerce clause?

[SIZE=-1]If in the opinion of the People, the distribution or modification of the Constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates. But let there be no change by usurpation; for though this, in one instance, may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed.[/SIZE] -- George Washington

If this is to be done, it should be done in the proper manner.

ken243

Do you not think 'The People Republic of Kaliforicstan' would move to remove conceal and carry? Then what does this bill do for them? Even less. :rolleyes:

California just repealed unloaded open carry. It is next to impossible to get a CPL in that state. So this bill does a lot for them. Their state has taken away almost all of their 2A rights. This bill gives them some of their rights back. I would guess you knew nothing about this before commenting. If you did then I am totally baffled why you would say this bill does nothing for them.

protias

California just repealed unloaded open carry. It is next to impossible to get a CPL in that state. So this bill does a lot for them. Their state has taken away almost all of their 2A rights. This bill gives them some of their rights back. I would guess you knew nothing about this before commenting. If you did then I am totally baffled why you would say this bill does nothing for them.

Except for the whole federal GFSZ thing...Good luck carrying in any city in CA.

John Canuck

Can people in komifornia carry with an out of state permit?

Redbaron007

What right does this bill give back to Californians? Before you get your panies in a wad; relax Frances!

My point was, if this bill gets passed, Komifornia can revoke the current CCWs, therefore negating anyone else coming into the state with a CCW to CC and preventing it's subjects from carrying anywhere else. However, if they didn't, it would give yuins in Komifornia the opportunity to carry in other states. You must be one baffled individual then. Geeesh!

kcgunfan

What right does this bill give back to Californians? Before you get your panies in a wad; relax Frances!

My point was, if this bill gets passed, Komifornia can revoke the current CCWs, therefore negating anyone else coming into the state with a CCW to CC and preventing it's subjects from carrying anywhere else. However, if they didn't, it would give yuins in Komifornia the opportunity to carry in other states. You must be one baffled individual then. Geeesh!

Here's where I get a little confused. The people in the Land of Fruits and Nuts do not need this law to be able to revoke the current CCW's. They can do that now. Does this law make it more likely that they'll do so, possibly, but it's definitely not guaranteed. Let's not worry about what might happen, and just judge the bill on its merits/deficiencies.

Redbaron007

Here's where I get a little confused. The people in the Land of Fruits and Nuts do not need this law to be able to revoke the current CCW's. They can do that now. Does this law make it more likely that they'll do so, possibly, but it's definitely not guaranteed. Let's not worry about what might happen, and just judge the bill on its merits/deficiencies.

You're not confused. They, Komifornia, can revoke that priviledge to carry concealled at anytime. Since they have revoked every other form of carry, it is probability they would do this, just to prevent outsiders from coming in. Currently, Kominfornia honors no one elses permits, go figure, the last thing they would want is to have all other states coming in without them 'authorizing' them to carry in their state.

kcgunfan

You're not confused. They, Komifornia, can revoke that priviledge to carry concealled at anytime. Since they have revoked every other form of carry, it is probability they would do this, just to prevent outsiders from coming in. Currently, Kominfornia honors no one elses permits, go figure, the last thing they would want is to have all other states coming in without them 'authorizing' them to carry in their state.

Do you have any proof that this is what they are planning on doing? Or are you simply tossing out hypotheticals as if they are fact?

John Canuck

the bill would make clear that a person cannot use this federal grant of reciprocity to carry a concealed weapon in his or her own state of residence under another state’s permit license, unless their own state’s laws permit this.

http://www.gop.gov/bill/112/1/hr822

Now I'm confused. Since komifornia doesn't recognize out of state permits, how does this bill give anything to komifonian gun owners?