• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT ALERT: House Vote Coming Soon on CCW Reciprocity Bill

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
URGENT ALERT: House Vote Coming Soon on CCW Reciprocity Bill

Even though the NRA assures 100 % that we have nothing to fear about HR-822, I think there are real concerns to be addressed and fixed.

http://gunowners.org/a111411.htm

The House of Representatives is expected to take up concealed carry reciprocity legislation tomorrow (Tuesday, Nov. 15). H.R. 822, sponsored by Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-FL), will allow many people who possess a concealed carry permit in one state to carry in other states as well.

While well-intentioned, there are several concerns with this legislation. In an effort to address these issues, Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) introduced separate legislation (H.R. 2900), which has the support of GOA.

Please read on to learn more about specific problems with H.R. 822 (the bill coming to the floor tomorrow) and the differences between it and H.R. 2900.

And then, it is vitally important for all gun owners to contact their Representatives and urge them to cosponsor H.R. 2900.

ACTION: Urge your Representative to help fix H.R. 822 and to cosponsor the Broun legislation.​

Last edited:

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
(7) NO SPAMMING: Links to spam/membership sites not related directly to firearms are NOT allowed under any circumstances! It is also considered spamming to post the same thread (even valid ones) to multiple forums.

....C'mon man!

Come on mang!!! Is it truly an offence to post in just 2 places considering that topic wise it could fall under both "Hot Topics" and "NEWS & Political Alerts?" There genuinely are more important things to be concerned about brother! I would accept your concern as sincere and legitimate if it were 3 or more threads that i were posting the same thing in. BTW it is exceedingly related to firearms (the carrying of them). Sometimes we can get caught up so much in the letter of a forum policy we completely forget the spirit or intent of that policy! Carry on in peace my brother. In LIBERTY & FREEDOM thanks for all you do to spread the message to others in awakening them!