• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WI AB 237 update from Glenn Grothman

Law abider

Response

What did Glenn say? I'm surprised as he usually doesn't answer via email lol.

Hi, Sanjeev.

It looks like several legislators are pulling their names off the bill
as co-sponsors.
Glenn does reply. Even though I am not in his district, we have developed a friendship over the e mail over the years. I sent him a happy thanksgiving a few minutes age and he replied: Thanks for the email, Sanjeev. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

- Glenn

wild boar

two are left...

...the only rep left is kleefisch, and then there's senator wanggaard. I just Don't understand. I know the nine names who keep voting yea, but everyone else pulled there coauthor status. so what gives with these republicans? boar out.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
...the only rep left is kleefisch, and then there's senator wanggaard. I just Don't understand. I know the nine names who keep voting yea, but everyone else pulled there coauthor status. so what gives with these republicans? boar out.

They literally don't have any idea of the implications of what they are doing. They seem to be staring at their hand in front of their faces instead of seeing the big picture. I've chatted with a few of them and this is the impression I keep getting. This is by no means exclusive to the republicans though.

wild boar

No matter who is responsible...

...this could very easily jump up and bite the state in the ass. But; what has kept me strong is the over whelming support from all the members of OCDO. The shear volume of calls, and emails will have Madison too busy to vote. When you surround yourself with dedicated people of like mind, with a can't lose attitudes it helps. boar out.

rcav8r

I got an email from Hebl on this today. He thanked me for bringing up valid points, and "will keep your email in mind should this bill come up for vote in the assembly". Well, he voted FOR it in committee, and he didn't say he WASN'T going to support it, so?????

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I got an email from Hebl on this today. He thanked me for bringing up valid points, and "will keep your email in mind should this bill come up for vote in the assembly". Well, he voted FOR it in committee, and he didn't say he WASN'T going to support it, so?????

Ha ha, I was actually told that since my rep voted for it in committee, it would look like he was a flip-flopper if he didn't vote for it again. I reminded then that he could vote "present". I find it funny because it's painfully obvious that they are more worried about politics than anything else.

wild boar

These are no more...

...than fill in the blank response forms to constituents. This type of paper patronage really angers me. As another member pointed out, our employees view these things through the Pelosi' peep site; that is, "pass it so we can see whats in it". boar out.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Isn't Wanggaard the former cop RINO that kept trying to complicate the concealed carry legislation? He must keep his finger nails long so he can do a good job when scratching Flynn's butt.

wild boar

I don't know about long well kept...

finger nails, or implements to maintain same, but you can be sure chap stick is kept in plenty! boar out.

wild boar

Spoke with Wanggaard's office and ...

... the woman there tried her best to assure me that police would not use powers granted by this bill in a manner inconsistent with the ways forfeiture violations are handled now. Further; she noted, that "arrest" was being used as it's defined, STOP, CHECK. Wanggaards office further said "that Senator Wanggaard had worked thirty years as a LEO, and this bill was to target crimes that police have no powers in now". She used "loitering at a grave site" as an example, I said that I wasn't aware It was a big problem, then it was, "being on land that wasn't yours". I told her the trespass laws, and any other action by police without a complaint in regards to land would be harassment. The LEO would have to be driving around asking is you lived there, and that would be none of his business. The whole thing smells, and I never ran across a thing that smelled that was any good. boar out.

wild boar

I'm not sure if he's a being recalled, haven't seen anything.

He is a target of the Recalls and he want to keep his name one this bill. Bye-bye Sen. Waangard.

I may be wrong, but those who could be recalled went through it, didn't they, we lost two Republicans. Knowing that the only two who openly support 237 are Republicans, and 246 was introduced by seven republicans who sit on a nine person committee, this looks bad. The three I talked with at Wanggaards all seem to be reading off the same page. If we were in position to we could most certainly discredit this, and expose it for what it is. Republicans are still on board with these bills, the bills are still moving unopposed, and for these two bills thats a vote of 9-0. I don't know how to get in front of this, the requirement for posting the public hearing is twenty four hours. I need some advice here. boar out. :confused:

Last edited: