• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Places its ok and NOT ok to OC in Florissant, Mo

Firedawg314

I stopped by a few places at the "Cross Keys" area... that's the corner of New Halls Ferry and North HWY 67.

DON"T open carry at the book store, Barns and Noble, espeacially on the side of their "Star Bucks". The manager will ask you to leave and probably will call the the cops. You would think if they are really tired of being asked, then they should post a sign saying "no open carry weapons" or something.

54th Street Bar and Grill are ok with OC as long as you have your CCW. So free free to eat, sit and chill with your sidearm.

In general, in Florissant, its ok to OC with a current CCW.

Tony4310

I've OCed at starbucks ( both Florissant and Hazelwood ) on Graham road with no problems. Even had a Florissant cop ask me if it were legal and I happened to have Florissants currents regs with me and we went through them and said ok, not illegal,have a nice day and went on his way. Never even asked me for my CCW. Very professional encounter.

Firedawg314

I've OCed at starbucks ( both Florissant and Hazelwood ) on Graham road with no problems. Even had a Florissant cop ask me if it were legal and I happened to have Florissants currents regs with me and we went through them and said ok, not illegal,have a nice day and went on his way. Never even asked me for my CCW. Very professional encounter.

that's great that you have been to both open carry. When I went to the Startbucks right there at Barns and Noble in the Cross Keys area... the manager was totally against me being there with my sidearm. Even though I asked first. The way I see it, if we cannot be there, we can take our business somewhere else. It was wild... she looked at me as if I was going to rob the place. My weapon was concealed, but as I talked and basically pointed to the area... there was a huge look of fear in her eyes!

But I think I may try my luck and go to the Starbucks on Gram road. I'm not positive about hazelwood, what are their rules on OC?

Tony4310

Sense Barnes and Noble is a private establishment with a starbucks in it. They can dictate that even though Starbucks says it's ok. Now if the Starbucks manager said you can't, that probably either means B&N told them that or he hates guns. Simply write Starbucks about it. Granted the manager can say No is he or she wishes, but even if they don't like guns. I've never been asked to leave yet.

xdmcompact

that's great that you have been to both open carry. When I went to the Startbucks right there at Barns and Noble in the Cross Keys area... the manager was totally against me being there with my sidearm. Even though I asked first. The way I see it, if we cannot be there, we can take our business somewhere else. It was wild... she looked at me as if I was going to rob the place. My weapon was concealed, but as I talked and basically pointed to the area... there was a huge look of fear in her eyes!

But I think I may try my luck and go to the Starbucks on Gram road. I'm not positive about hazelwood, what are their rules on OC?

PLEASE stop asking for permission to OC, if their is no sign enter establishment, if asked to leave, leave immediately. You are scaring the sheeple and their first response will always be NO! If you are asked to leave, leave and then contact corporate. We have had some positive progress by contacting corporate, when we run into an uninformed employee/manager. Get it in writing what corporates stance is.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am repeating your quote because I have already said it.

It is SAD folks are so used to the abuse of rights they are compelled to ASK permission.

It is the basis of the fuss with the guy from Troy and why the attempt to make it illegal happened.

DON'T ASK and be POLITE if asked to leave, nothing more and nothing less. Would you ASK if it was ok to speak? is there a difference in RIGHTS? The owner can indeed ask you NOT to speak, they can ask you not to carry, but the thought you need to ASK first is something I do not understand.

PLEASE stop asking for permission to OC, if their is no sign enter establishment, if asked to leave, leave immediately. You are scaring the sheeple and their first response will always be NO! If you are asked to leave, leave and then contact corporate. We have had some positive progress by contacting corporate, when we run into an uninformed employee/manager. Get it in writing what corporates stance is.

Firedawg314

I am repeating your quote because I have already said it.

It is SAD folks are so used to the abuse of rights they are compelled to ASK permission.

It is the basis of the fuss with the guy from Troy and why the attempt to make it illegal happened.

DON'T ASK and be POLITE if asked to leave, nothing more and nothing less. Would you ASK if it was ok to speak? is there a difference in RIGHTS? The owner can indeed ask you NOT to speak, they can ask you not to carry, but the thought you need to ASK first is something I do not understand.

I really do appericate the comments. Trust me, I have stopped asking. In fact I went to two stores today and nothing really was said. I walked in Battery Plus for a (go figure) a battery for my door opener. We talked, for a bit and then I left. By then I was hungry and went to Penn Station for a sandwitch. I walked in as if any other day. There was a family infront of me... the father seen the gun... and automaticlly wanted me to go infront of him???? I didn't agrue, I placed my order. Two older women notice my "piece" and asked about it. I have informed them about the laws in Florissant and what is needed to get a CCW. Then an employee wanted to know also...it turned out to be a pretty good day. Even the manger wasn't even tripping off of it.