• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show us your rigs...

HandyHamlet

No explanation needed*.

jock_strap_Cumalot.jpg

*However, If I owned firearms I would purchase an SOB from Buffalo Holsters. And be looking to order from Cleveland Holsters soon. Gotta keep it in the family.

Last edited:

MilProGuy

My carry rig is simple, yet functional.

A Taurus PT740 Slim carried in a Blackhawk holster which slides on a belt and has a thumb-break strap.

The rig is compact, lightweight, fits snugly against my side, and there's no danger of the holster coming loose or the weapon falling out.

104740slimleftslant.jpg
111pt740slimholstered.jpg

Last edited:

Lurchiron

No explanation needed*.

jock_strap_Cumalot.jpg

*However, If I owned firearms I would purchase an SOB from Buffalo Holsters. And be looking to order from Cleveland Holsters soon. Gotta keep it in the family.

Damn son, Does that thing chafe much???

Last edited:

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
My previous CC rig was a Comp-Tac C-TAC, it was fine and I like the 'tuckable' feature with the holster, however, now that I'm carrying daily I broke down and purchased a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 (VM2) this week because of the raving reviews that holster has gotten across the internet. I received the VM2 yesterday and will be giving it a week or two to wear in before I comment too much, however, at this point it's not much different than my C-TAC.

M

McX

heavily invested in the nylon market; shoulder and hip, one plastic one for a semi-retired. no money to get anything fancy.

markush

When Act 35 passed I started making my own holsters for the guns I have that I would carry. So far I have IWB holsters for a S&W 5906 and M&P and OWB holsters for my M&P, J-frame and the 1911.

IWB with Elephant trim for the M&P
2f3824f5.jpg

OWB with Frog Skin Trim for the M&P
b11f5c4b.jpg

OWB for the 1911
e8f00574.jpg

IWB for the 5906 with the Aker belt I'll use to carry all the above holsters.
e38fe09d.jpg

Then of course I could always use the one custom made rig that I actually paid someone else to make for me.
b4712342.jpg

I forgot I had one more rig made for me...If I was ever invited to a western theme open carry BBQ I would consider wearing this...
I made the grips myself out of Corian.
07e66f68.jpg

Oh I forgot the link.....PM me here ;)

Last edited:

MilProGuy

markush:

Wow!

You have an array of fine leather holsters that any one of us would be proud to own...not to mention the splendid arsenal of handguns.

Last edited:

wisturkeyhunter

Funny thing. I was canoeing the other day. Bird watching out of a canoe really. Getting intouch with nature was the goal. I tipped the canoe in a careless moment. My pistol fell out of my pocket. As I made my way onto shore I noticed the perfect limb for a billy club. So now I have a crude billy club concealed in my pants. Since I own no guns. I could post a picture but I lost my camera in said accident.

adhurt

Funny thing. I was canoeing the other day. Bird watching out of a canoe really. Getting intouch with nature was the goal. I tipped the canoe in a careless moment. My pistol fell out of my pocket. As I made my way onto shore I noticed the perfect limb for a billy club. So now I have a crude billy club concealed in my pants. Since I own no guns. I could post a picture but I lost my camera in said accident.

That's horrible! I'm so sorry to read about your loss! I hope your billy club works out well for you.

:shocker: