• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty University amends its weapons policy to allow for licensed (and approved) CC

Marco

Yes, there are people in college who are not ready for these things. For some of them, that is why they are in college.

All I'm saying is that a college dorm, and campus is simply not a small version of society at large, and that certain accommodations will need to be made, and those in charge of colleges are going to require such accommodations as a condition for any progress toward allowing firearms to be a part of campus life. That is my opinion. You do not agree. However, since at this time we have only a couple campuses who have agreed to do this, and special accommodations are a part of the decision for at least this one, it would appear that the facts support my view.

When colleges start rescinding all firearms regulations and policies and agree to abide completely by existing laws alone, then your point will gain validity, and I will be proven wrong.

Until then, I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree. :)

TFred

This growing list seems to favor Nova's views more than.

said:

Examples of the approximately 70 other institutions permitting students and others to have concealed weapons with state permit and/or campus police permission:

Colorado

Colorado State University
Aims Community College
Arapahoe Community College
Colorado Northwestern Community College
Community College of Aurora
Community College of Denver
Front Range Community College
Lamar Community College
Morgan Community College
Northeastern Junior College
Otero Junior College
Pikes Peak Community College
Pueblo Community College
Red Rocks Community College
Trinidad State Junior College
Michigan

Michigan State University
Oregon

University of Oregon
Oregon State University
Portland State University
Eastern Oregon University
Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Institute of Technology
Southern Oregon University
Western Oregon University
Utah

University of Utah
Utah State University
Southern Utah University
Utah Valley University
Weber State University
Dixie State College of Utah
College of Eastern Utah
Snow College
Salt Lake Community College
Virginia

University of Virginia
Blue Ridge Community College

Marco

That depends... do we have copies of the firearms policies for all these schools? Perhaps they are similar to what LU is implementing. Such information would be very helpful.

TFred

A 2004 Utah law prohibits universities from enacting policy that “in any way inhibits or restricts the possession or use of firearms, with other states following suit.

http://concealedcampus.org/

Last edited: