Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moooooooooooooooooon eyes!

McX

Moooooooooooooooooon eyes!

Nothing happened.
    Last edited by McX; 11-15-2011 at 08:44 PM.

And the the point you're making is...?
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-15-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

McX
    different venue, same people, same message: AND NOTHING HAPPENED.

Lightbulb Deer In The Headlight Look?

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    these days bring a different interaction with the public, now that we have the Blessed cards. We can use this thread to report cases of Mooooooooooon eyes! from our adoring public.

on the way home stopped at my little arab guy, get my smokes, a lotto ticket, and yes, even a can of beer. one in front of me, 2 behind. it's cold so i am c, my turn, lift my coat to access wallet, pay and thank (politeness is required), give a glance over my shoulder, and guy comfortable back a bit from me giving me Moooooooooooooooon eyes. he didnt move, but i bet i made his night. thought to myself as i left; you aint seen s**t till you see me Open next spring/summer/fall there moooooooon eye guy.

AND NOTHING HAPPENED.
    Sweet. Of course as more of us carry and they see us out in the open it will make the crims think twice before trying a "hit and run" on you or anyone within your fire zone.

Carry on...
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

McX
    Last edited by McX; 11-15-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    I don't get it. Celebrating the fact that you are drawing attention to yourself?

McX
    Last edited by McX; 11-15-2011 at 11:16 PM.

McX, ignore the naysayers. Carry how you please.

Carry on!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Nothing happened.
    Last edited by McX; 11-15-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I don't get it. Celebrating the fact that you are drawing attention to yourself?
    I open carry in Madistan. Almost every day. It's legal. Illogical liberal sheep are not my problem. It's time to stand up. And Carry On! Nicely done, McX!
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Point being what ?

Legal to open carry ain't it ?
    No law against printing is there ?
    People are FREE to do as they choose....... No reason to rain on his parade.......unless you found yet ANOTHER case law again.

McX, you EARNED this joy and thanks for sharing.....Carry proudly Pard.
    Can't wait til I can start.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post
    Point being what ?

Legal to open carry ain't it ?
    No law against printing is there ?
    People are FREE to do as they choose....... No reason to rain on his parade.......unless you found yet ANOTHER case law again.

McX, you EARNED this joy and thanks for sharing.....Carry proudly Pard.
    Can't wait til I can start.
    I am all for celebrating our victory of legally carrying concealed as an option.
    This thread appears to be celebrating the surprised reaction (moon eyes) from people who see a firearm not the fact that if we have a license that we may now conceal. I celebrate the fact that I carry openly and nobody notices. The day when firearm carry is normalized and nobody is making the MWG calls because they expect to see reasonable responsible adults carrying a handgun is truly a day we should all celebrate.

I am all for celebrating our victory of legally carrying concealed as an option.
    This thread appears to be celebrating the surprised reaction (moon eyes) from people who see a firearm not the fact that if we have a license that we may now conceal. I celebrate the fact that I carry openly and nobody notices. The day when firearm carry is normalized and nobody is making the MWG calls because they expect to see reasonable responsible adults carrying a handgun is truly a day we should all celebrate.
    He is celebrating his rights. You can't dictate how he does so, no matter how much you would like. Carry on, MCX!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    He is celebrating his rights. You can't dictate how he does so, no matter how much you would like.
    Who is dictating anything?
    I asked a question. How about answering that question?
    I made no comment and have no concerns whether someone carries concealed or openly. I carry openly most of the time even with my license. Nobody seems to notice. If they do notice and appear alarmed (moon eyes) I do not see that fact as a cause for celebration. It is a symptom that there still needs to be more public education.

The people will get used to it, after awhile they won't even care. MCX was just doing some social engineering.

so quick question. say i'm conceal carrying and open my jacket to get my wallet and have a shoulder holster. Am i then OCing and all is well until jacket goes back down or?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    so quick question. say i'm conceal carrying and open my jacket to get my wallet and have a shoulder holster. Am i then OCing and all is well until jacket goes back down or?
    Still considered concealed, but if you have your CCL, it does not matter.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

thanks!

Why do folks take the time to post threads of they're gonna delete them later?

McX, whatever is it you wrote I am sure it was A-Okay!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Who is dictating anything?
    I asked a question. How about answering that question?
    I made no comment and have no concerns whether someone carries concealed or openly. I carry openly most of the time even with my license. Nobody seems to notice. If they do notice and appear alarmed (moon eyes) I do not see that fact as a cause for celebration. It is a symptom that there still needs to be more public education.
    As I read it, he was celebrating the humor and novelty of someone noticing his side arm and having a visible effect on that person.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Still considered concealed, but if you have your CCL, it does not matter.
    Yes. Scared sheeple or not, carry how you like.

The term "casual carry" comes to mind. I often leave the house these fall days wearing an open front zippered sweater. It the wind happens to blow it outward of my body and folks see my holstered Springfield XD-9, big deal - open carry is legal in Utah (and WI).

On my recent (post November 1, 2011) visit to Wisconsin, I did the same thing as a lawfully armed "out-of-state licensee" within the meaning of SB-93 as amended (aka AB-35). WAVE members who monitor this site will note from my signature that I hold permits from PA, AZ, and UT, which are recognized in WI.

Yellow Cat Out -
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I open carried for years (and since 11/1 IN my truck, boat, Razr and on my ATV) and really never noticed any type of reaction from people who clearly saw me.
    Certainly never had anyone dive for cover anyways.
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

McX
    i'm just not going to worry about it anymore. i got my card, i do what i do what i did yesterday, the day before. if people see something then lucky them. i dont have to hand out pamphlets anymore, if they ask- i will answer, otherwise it's just business as usual for me. especially since i can float between open and cc. cc now cause the weather is cold, OC when the weather is nice. if i get moon eyes, i just give the eye back of- get over it. they can go home, tell their story, and end it with NOTHING HAPPENED.

"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it the superficial apperance of being right, and raises at first a formadable outcry in defence of custom. But, tumult soon subsides."- from Thomas Paine's Common Sense, 1776

The moon eyes will go away in due time. Normal shall soon be veiwed as normal once again.
    Exodus 21:12-14

Click here for some Common Sense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast