• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moooooooooooooooooon eyes!

M

McX

different venue, same people, same message: AND NOTHING HAPPENED.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Deer In The Headlight Look?

these days bring a different interaction with the public, now that we have the Blessed cards. We can use this thread to report cases of Mooooooooooon eyes! from our adoring public.

on the way home stopped at my little arab guy, get my smokes, a lotto ticket, and yes, even a can of beer. one in front of me, 2 behind. it's cold so i am c, my turn, lift my coat to access wallet, pay and thank (politeness is required), give a glance over my shoulder, and guy comfortable back a bit from me giving me Moooooooooooooooon eyes. he didnt move, but i bet i made his night. thought to myself as i left; you aint seen s**t till you see me Open next spring/summer/fall there moooooooon eye guy.

AND NOTHING HAPPENED.

Sweet. Of course as more of us carry and they see us out in the open it will make the crims think twice before trying a "hit and run" on you or anyone within your fire zone.

Carry on...

Da Po-lock

I don't get it. Celebrating the fact that you are drawing attention to yourself?

Point being what ?

Legal to open carry ain't it ?
No law against printing is there ?
People are FREE to do as they choose....... No reason to rain on his parade.......unless you found yet ANOTHER case law again.

McX, you EARNED this joy and thanks for sharing.....Carry proudly Pard.
Can't wait til I can start.

Interceptor_Knight

Point being what ?

Legal to open carry ain't it ?
No law against printing is there ?
People are FREE to do as they choose....... No reason to rain on his parade.......unless you found yet ANOTHER case law again.

McX, you EARNED this joy and thanks for sharing.....Carry proudly Pard.
Can't wait til I can start.

I am all for celebrating our victory of legally carrying concealed as an option.
This thread appears to be celebrating the surprised reaction (moon eyes) from people who see a firearm not the fact that if we have a license that we may now conceal. I celebrate the fact that I carry openly and nobody notices. The day when firearm carry is normalized and nobody is making the MWG calls because they expect to see reasonable responsible adults carrying a handgun is truly a day we should all celebrate.

oak1971

I am all for celebrating our victory of legally carrying concealed as an option.
This thread appears to be celebrating the surprised reaction (moon eyes) from people who see a firearm not the fact that if we have a license that we may now conceal. I celebrate the fact that I carry openly and nobody notices. The day when firearm carry is normalized and nobody is making the MWG calls because they expect to see reasonable responsible adults carrying a handgun is truly a day we should all celebrate.

He is celebrating his rights. You can't dictate how he does so, no matter how much you would like. Carry on, MCX!

Interceptor_Knight

He is celebrating his rights. You can't dictate how he does so, no matter how much you would like.
Who is dictating anything?
I asked a question. How about answering that question?
I made no comment and have no concerns whether someone carries concealed or openly. I carry openly most of the time even with my license. Nobody seems to notice. If they do notice and appear alarmed (moon eyes) I do not see that fact as a cause for celebration. It is a symptom that there still needs to be more public education.

oak1971

The people will get used to it, after awhile they won't even care. MCX was just doing some social engineering.

Sorcice

so quick question. say i'm conceal carrying and open my jacket to get my wallet and have a shoulder holster. Am i then OCing and all is well until jacket goes back down or?

protias

so quick question. say i'm conceal carrying and open my jacket to get my wallet and have a shoulder holster. Am i then OCing and all is well until jacket goes back down or?

Still considered concealed, but if you have your CCL, it does not matter.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Why do folks take the time to post threads of they're gonna delete them later?

McX, whatever is it you wrote I am sure it was A-Okay!

PistolPackingMomma

Who is dictating anything?
I asked a question. How about answering that question?
I made no comment and have no concerns whether someone carries concealed or openly. I carry openly most of the time even with my license. Nobody seems to notice. If they do notice and appear alarmed (moon eyes) I do not see that fact as a cause for celebration. It is a symptom that there still needs to be more public education.

As I read it, he was celebrating the humor and novelty of someone noticing his side arm and having a visible effect on that person.