Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oc in albertsons

Oc in albertsons

I was sitting at home and decided I want tacos for dinner. So I drive to Albertsons and when I get there, I realize I forgot my CPL. I was going to wear my Jacket because it's a little nippy. So I decided to not where the jacket due to not having CPL on me. Walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. I got a few obvious looks, but no comments. When I was looking at the tortillas, I heard over the loud speaker "Police Department costumer service desk". I thought hmm I wonder if that's about me. Here we go. I thought to myself oh well. I will handle it if they come up to me, and went about my shopping. about 5 min later I completed my shopping and used the self checkout. I left the store and got into my vehicle and unloaded and drove home. No police stopping me and no comments from other people.

Over all it was a weird but good OC day.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    I was sitting at home and decided I want tacos for dinner. So I drive to Albertsons and when I get there, I realize I forgot my CPL. I was going to wear my Jacket because it's a little nippy. So I decided to not where the jacket due to not having CPL on me. Walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. I got a few obvious looks, but no comments. When I was looking at the tortillas, I heard over the loud speaker "Police Department costumer service desk". I thought hmm I wonder if that's about me. Here we go. I thought to myself oh well. I will handle it if they come up to me, and went about my shopping. about 5 min later I completed my shopping and used the self checkout. I left the store and got into my vehicle and unloaded and drove home. No police stopping me and no comments from other people.

Over all it was a weird but good OC day.
    I have used this technique in the past when working in retail...a public page for 'security' or the 'police' to scare a potential shoplifter. It has mixed results, but I have seen my suspected shoplifters set their things down and leave.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    I have used this technique in the past when working in retail...a public page for 'security' or the 'police' to scare a potential shoplifter. It has mixed results, but I have seen my suspected shoplifters set their things down and leave.
    I don't know which would be worse: Equating OC with shoplifting-level criminality, or trying to "scare" an armed person the clerk is afraid of.

I'm thinking it was an unrelated coincedence.

I think you're right. I was there plenty long enough to get "contacted" if they were calling them because of me. I was just thinking at the time if it was about me that was stupid to announce it like that. Oh well. No harm no foul.

PD was probably just there for some of that excellent Albertsons deli fried chicken
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Today, 10:28 PMMetalhead47
    PD was probably just there for some of that excellent Albertsons deli fried chicken
    They really do have some good chicken. I love their meat counter as well. That's the reason I shop there.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalhead47 View Post
    Curse you! Now I have to get a bucket of wings on payday.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

They really do have some good chicken. I love their meat counter as well. That's the reason I shop there.
    Ever notice how they run the vent over the chicken fryer to the front door. Walk into the store and smell the chicken. Makes you just plain hungry, even if you just polished off a meal at home.

As for the page, maybe it was YOU they were paging to help them out with another problem. After all, just like the cops, you were carrying a gun.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Maybe they were paging for you to come help them with a shoplifter...

edited to add
    @amlevin: great minds think alike!
    Last edited by John Hardin; 11-16-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: synchronicity

Ever notice how they run the vent over the chicken fryer to the front door. Walk into the store and smell the chicken. Makes you just plain hungry, even if you just polished off a meal at home.

As for the page, maybe it was YOU they were paging to help them out with another problem. After all, just like the cops, you were carrying a gun.
    That's very true. I have randomly bought their meal deals a couple of times for that very reason.

It's possible but Doubt it. Everytime I've been there except maybe once or twice there is a police car there. Usually unmarked and the officer stays there for a while. The Albertsons by my house in Utah growing up had the same thing. There was always a LEO there.

I used to work in their deli making that chicken back in the day. And I can still eat it. That proves how good it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Curse you! Now I have to get a bucket of wings on payday.
    Wings? Where? I've yet to find any where in this state where one can get a proper bucket of wings. We're going to @#$%@#!! Idaho​ this weekend just to try & find some!

We're going to @#$%@#!! Idaho​ this weekend just to try & find some!
    And just what do you mean by @#$%@#!! Idaho?

Them's fighting words...we do have some good wings though, you just have to have fries with that. After all we have the potatos.

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post

Them's fighting words...we do have some good wings though, you just have to have fries with that. After all we have the potatos.
    I mean it's a @#$%@#!! long way from Puget Sound just for some wings. Can't find buckets of proper fried Buffalo wings around here. No decent salad bars either, in a town full of greenies. Go figure.

I mean it's a @#$%@#!! long way from Puget Sound just for some wings. Can't find buckets of proper fried Buffalo wings around here. No decent salad bars either, in a town full of greenies. Go figure.
    LOL....I made the trip from Boise to Woodbey Island for a freinds wedding a couple years ago. Took me about 11-12 hours through the Tri-Cities, was a long drive but once I got past Seattle it was really nice up there. Dam Navy friends.....lol

LOL....I made the trip from Boise to Woodbey Island for a freinds wedding a couple years ago. Took me about 11-12 hours through the Tri-Cities, was a long drive but once I got past Seattle it was really nice up there. Dam Navy friends.....lol
    Actually that's spelled WHIDBEY. It's where *I*'m coming from

5-6 hours on I-90 is the easy (boring) way. I'm figuring 10 or 12 over hwy20 thru the North Cascades if the passes are still open.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    Yep, that about sums it up
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I don't know. I've always wondered about a State that would name a town Athol
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

What? You don't ever go to Hooters? Maybe not the best "wings" but they do make up for it in other ways

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    I don't know. I've always wondered about a State that would name a town Athol
    Everyone has a athol so does our state....lol

I visited the same Albertsons on the same day and I think you bought the last pack of Jonhsonville cheddar bratwurst, dang you. They always have a unarmed gaurd around the bank in the front, funny little guy. I have yet to have a problem with carrying there. Maybe the sight of two people visiting there store armed that day was alot for them or we were there at the same time and they freaked! carry on

Ruby Tuesday had a good salad bar, but alas they are no more. I guess I'll just have to make my own salad from my garden. Dang economy, forcing us to be more self reliant.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Ruby Tuesday had a good salad bar, but alas they are no more. I guess I'll just have to make my own salad from my garden. Dang economy, forcing us to be more self reliant.
    I feel the same way, I hate it when they show a commercial for some place that isn't within 500 miles. It is usally one of those slow motion, seafood and steak or hamburger commercials that make you drool.

I feel the same way, I hate it when they show a commercial for some place that isn't within 500 miles. It is usally one of those slow motion, seafood and steak or hamburger commercials that make you drool.
    For me, it's Sonic Drive-In. The first time they aired a commercial where I live, I got online and checked the restaurant finder on the Sonic page. At the time, the closest Sonic was slightly over 600 miles away (wtf).

A few months later, I saw another Sonic commercial and checked again. Just under 400 miles. That was a few years ago. The closest Sonic to me now is about 50 miles away. But they keep airing commercials on TV. D'oh!
    Last edited by Difdi; 11-17-2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    What? You don't ever go to Hooters? Maybe not the best "wings" but they do make up for it in other ways
    After many a burger at the Heart Attack Grill back in PHX (had a layover right next to it), hooter's ambiance just can't compare, and sure doesn't make up for the lousy attempt at wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast