• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in albertsons

waterfowl woody

I visited the same Albertsons on the same day and I think you bought the last pack of Jonhsonville cheddar bratwurst, dang you. They always have a unarmed gaurd around the bank in the front, funny little guy. I have yet to have a problem with carrying there. Maybe the sight of two people visiting there store armed that day was alot for them or we were there at the same time and they freaked! carry on

tombrewster421

I mean it's a @#$%@#!! long way from Puget Sound just for some wings. :p Can't find buckets of proper fried Buffalo wings around here. No decent salad bars either, in a town full of greenies. Go figure. :confused:

Ruby Tuesday had a good salad bar, but alas they are no more. I guess I'll just have to make my own salad from my garden. Dang economy, forcing us to be more self reliant. :)

DocWalker

Ruby Tuesday had a good salad bar, but alas they are no more. I guess I'll just have to make my own salad from my garden. Dang economy, forcing us to be more self reliant. :)

I feel the same way, I hate it when they show a commercial for some place that isn't within 500 miles. It is usally one of those slow motion, seafood and steak or hamburger commercials that make you drool.

Difdi

I feel the same way, I hate it when they show a commercial for some place that isn't within 500 miles. It is usally one of those slow motion, seafood and steak or hamburger commercials that make you drool.

For me, it's Sonic Drive-In. The first time they aired a commercial where I live, I got online and checked the restaurant finder on the Sonic page. At the time, the closest Sonic was slightly over 600 miles away (wtf).

A few months later, I saw another Sonic commercial and checked again. Just under 400 miles. That was a few years ago. The closest Sonic to me now is about 50 miles away. But they keep airing commercials on TV. D'oh!

Last edited:

Metalhead47

What? You don't ever go to Hooters? Maybe not the best "wings" but they do make up for it in other ways;)

After many a burger at the Heart Attack Grill back in PHX (had a layover right next to it), hooter's ambiance just can't compare, and sure doesn't make up for the lousy attempt at wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalhead47

For me, it's Sonic Drive-In. The first time they aired a commercial where I live, I got online and checked the restaurant finder on the Sonic page. At the time, the closest Sonic was slightly over 600 miles away (wtf).

A few months later, I saw another Sonic commercial and checked again. Just under 400 miles. That was a few years ago. The closest Sonic to me now is about 50 miles away. But they keep airing commercials on TV. D'oh!

At least they're getting closer. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadHatter66

I hate all the commercials for Cici's pizza buffet, and the closest one is 877.5miles away from my address Las Vegas... I mean who doesn't want to go to a $5 pizza buffet? :lol: In this economy would actually be nice to have something like that close by...

amlevin

I hate all the commercials for Cici's pizza buffet, and the closest one is 877.5miles away from my address Las Vegas... I mean who doesn't want to go to a $5 pizza buffet? :lol: In this economy would actually be nice to have something like that close by...

Look at it from their side. The "Locals" in Las Vegas are all broke now with the housing bust. They're just advertising to those who have money, the tourists.;)

Trigger Dr

Try Godfathers in Port Orchard. On Wednesdays they have the buffet for cheap.

John Hardin

All it took to turn me off on the "chocolate falls" was seeing a kid running his filthy hand in the chocolate, licking his fingers, and returning for another "dip".
Yeah, that's the hazard of buffet-style service. I was at a salad bar once and saw an elderly gentleman take the serving spoon out of the macaroni salad (I think), take a taste off the spoon, and put the spoon back.

In a regular restaurant the only spit you need to worry about is the cooks' and wait staffs'... :) :(