• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

west bend library is posting

bmwguy11

Bad news. We had 3 people show up in person to argue NOT to post, and they had one email of someone who argued FOR posting. However, they voted 5-3 to post. The arguments from those who were for posting were basically your usual "think of the children" and "a library is like a school and you can't carry guns in schools" and that sort of nonsense. It would probably make their liberal brains explode to realize that statistically they just voted AGAINST making children safer. They also seemed to think that they'd be able to get the state legislature to add libraries to the list of places you aren't allowed to carry. Nevermind the fact that states go LESS restrictive after allowing CCW. Not more.

Needless to say, we will no longer be going to our library, nor will we support any tax dollars for the library. Ironically west bend and washington county is the most republican county in the state, yet the library board members obviously think they are in dane county and they don't actually care what their taxpayers want. Also ironically, the library is now the ONLY building or business that I know of in the city of west bend that is actually posted.

Last edited:

bmwguy11

Oh and one of my favorite comments of the night was when one of the liberals complained about how they had to have open meetings where the public could talk.

bmwguy11

I found it ironic that the library board went AGAINST what the city did, where it was voted 6-2 to not post city buildings. They apparently forget that the common council has the ability to give or deny taxpayer dollars from the city, and since the library is posting we damn sure will not support ANY taxpayer money going to the library at this point.

Last edited: