• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are TSA officers "Law Enforcement"?

Sky1

Hoooooold on Theeah boy. Do you know who I am? I am Sheriff Buford T Justice of Texas!!!

scott58dh

It Starts At The Top !

“...just because you have an individual right *[to bear arms, not to be searched unreasonably]* does not mean that the state or local government can't constrain the exercise of that right..."
Barack Obama, 2008
Philadelphia primary debate

The way I look at the issue, it starts at the top, with back room deals, corruption cover ups & *** The Good Ole' Boys Club*** trying to give their power hungry egos a good fix.

Check out the gunbanobama.com site and hopefully we can give Obama his "time for a change" wish come true this Nov.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP...hopefully we can give Obama his "time for a change" wish come true this Nov.

Reminds me of Ronald Reagan's comment in the 1980 presidential campaign:

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
A depression is when you lose your job.
A recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.

:D

Blueslant

Reminds me of Ronald Reagan's comment in the 1980 presidential campaign:

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job.
A depression is when you lose your job.
A recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.

:D

Slightly before my time but one of my favorite quotes from him. I think this holds true today.

In regards to sudden valley gunner, I wonder if there is a "consent" given to safety (or terry) stops when applying for or as a condition of holding a CDL in TN. I do not know as it has been several years since I livEd anywhere near there. I'll check into that when I'm not on the phone. Granted t does not really excuse it in my mind, but it may be the justification for ignoring 4a rights with regard to the search of personal space for truckers. I consider anywhere in the cab personal space given the lack of division but that could just be me.

Please excuse grammar and spelling. My fingers don't relay fit iPhone touch keys well

M

McX

TSA, what does that stand for? Truly Stupid A...................nevermind.

carracer

Theoretically, those big rigs marked ‘not for commercial use’ are exempt from DOT oversight. Have a friend who hauls his demo vehicle in his and got stopped and played twenty questions w/DOT trooper. Trooper was going to cite him because he ‘won’ a trophy for his last race and called the trophy compensation. My friend told him to get a supervisor or two out there ASAP. DOT trooper backed down immediately.

wabbit

That goes on occassionaly in the Boise area also. I was just waiting to be pulled over for towing my race car trailer for the same. Was going to go before the Judge and ask if he ever tows his golf cart to a Golf tournament.

Luckily I was never given the opportunity to be held in contempt.

Lasjayhawk

Well since we have twisted the original meaning of regulate from "to make regular" to impose restriction upon, you would have a point except that the constitution is a legal restriction on what the government can do, and the 4th amendment applies to is a restriction on the federal government that would apply to commercial truck drivers too in my opinion.

Unless your within 100 miles of the US border, then DHS says no to the 4th. Google constitution free zone. :eek:

sudden valley gunner

Unless your within 100 miles of the US border, then DHS says no to the 4th. Google constitution free zone. :eek:

I live within a 40 miles of the border, and often work right next to the border, I don't care what DHS claim.

On a side note I saw something new not long ago and couldn't get a picture of it in time but a white SUV marked in large letters Federal Protection Police

Last edited:

SteveH2210

The following information is probably fifteen years old. It is a list of federal agencies which authorize certain personnel to carry firearms:

The Environmental Protection Agency
The Department of Education
The Department of Agriculture
The Department of Immigration
The Department of Labor
The Department of Energy
The Department of Commerce
The Bureau of Land Management
The Federal Aviation Agency
The Department of Health and Human Resources
The Department of Housing and Urban Development
The State Department
The Internal Revenue Service
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives

So the FDA does as well, eh? Not surprised.

You can add The Department of the Interior to the above list. I am not sure about the other bureaus, but I know for a fact that the US Fish and Wildlife Service has armed federal agents ( I work for the USFWS).