• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gang membership SOARS in Maryland...

Dreamer

So, the reports from the FBI reveal that PG County alone has over 7,000 known gang members, and has the 5th largest gang population on the East Coast. Recruiting is skyrocketing, and gang-related violence is on the rise...

http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/2011/11/gang-membership-soars-prince-georges

But no law-abiding citizen needs to carry a firearm for self-defense in MD--the police are the only people who have guns after all...

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What's the point of having an unarmed gang? I mean all those gangbangers can't possibly have guns because carrying a gun is illegal in Maryland. You don't need a gun to defend yourself......sarcasm off.

Stay safe up there Dreamer.

MilProGuy

"With 7,131 known gang members, Prince George's ranked behind Miami-Dade County and three counties in the Newark, N.J., area -- Essex, Hudson and Union counties.

And they are violent: the FBI attributes 16 of the homicides committed in Prince George's this year to national gangs like MS-13."

This article was most disturbing to me, and I live in Mississippi. How troubling it must be to those of you who live in Prince George's County and have to deal with this scourge each day!

My 19-year-old granddaughter is a meth addict and her, so-called, boyfriend is incarcerated in a Mississippi penitentiary on charges of grand larceny. He is a member of a gang called the "Royals" that operates in northern Mississippi. They are mostly just a bunch of "meth'd out" scrawny, jobless punks who run errands for the slimeballs who own and operate meth labs. I pray each day that these worthless factions of our society will not turn violent. I stand ready to defend myself and my wife should they ever decide to rear their ugly heads.

Dreamer

What's the point of having an unarmed gang? I mean all those gangbangers can't possibly have guns because carrying a gun is illegal in Maryland. You don't need a gun to defend yourself......sarcasm off.

Stay safe up there Dreamer.

I RARELY venture into the seething miasma that is PG County...

I live in Howard County, which is more like "Stepford Wives" than "Compton"...

Red Dawg

Time to cross the bridge to the Eastern Shore. More forgiving for gun owners. Gangs can't get a hold over there, because they can't stand competition with people that own and cn shoot many. many guns. It's those guys that raise the national average for gun ownership. For every non gun owner in the US, the guys on the ES have 5 guns.

Dreamer

Time to cross the bridge to the Eastern Shore. More forgiving for gun owners. Gangs can't get a hold over there, because they can't stand competition with people that own and cn shoot many. many guns. It's those guys that raise the national average for gun ownership. For every non gun owner in the US, the guys on the ES have 5 guns.

But just like everyone else in MD they can't legally carry, unless they are big O'Malley campaign donors.

'nuff sed...

Dreamer

Ah yes, "Plan Maryland"...

The "development plan" whereby the already overcrowded counties and municipalities--with their overtaxed roads, water systems, sewer systems, schools, and infrastrutures--will be given preferential treatment with regard to development loans, grants and bonds, (thereby NOT ONLY increasing their population load on already overburdened infrastructures, but ALSO increasing their already egregious debt loads).

While at the same time, DENYING infrastructure improvements and expansion, educational funding, and business incentives for the areas of the state that actually HAVE room for grown--unused agricultural land, rural and suburban area, etc--populated mostly by people who hold Annapolis and Pikesville in disgust and disdain, and actually believe that Marylanders are just as due their Constitutional Rights as citizens of any other State...

Yeah, there is NO well-planned conspiracy to increase the voting populace of the voluntarily enslaved districts while working to decimate the populations, economies and infrastructures of the districts that actually believe in Rule of Law and Personal Liberty in MD. Nah, there never could be such a thing going on...

Sig229

The hell with crossing the Bay Bridge.
Either cross the Mason Dixon line or the Potomac river into VA!

KainVictus

AGREED! I cannot stand this state and the terms in which the expect me and my family to live our lives. I am the only pro open carry person in my family because they have not lived in a place like this where you literally wonder "which of the people I'm walking past wants to rob me for a little bit of cash and then kill me" They don't understand protecting yourself does not mean wondering around like a lost sheep. This states CC law is a joke to say the least. I feel sure that the only reason they have one is to appease the people who enjoy owning guns. First I have to prove that I have two threats on my life. . .then I have to pay a fee that is out ******* rageous and then I get to keep paying said fee for as long as I want to carry my gun. . .oh thats IF the state and judge decide my case is worth giving me a concealed carry license. and the odds of that are about one hundred billion to the 100th of happening. **** this state **** the people who "love" this state. I'll leave this place in 2 years and NEVER and I do mean NEVER think about coming here again. I will drive around this shitheap if I can just to avoid it and the people in it. Except for you dreamer. I guess I'd come back to say hello or something. BTW if you're ever down in the Lexington park or St. Marys area hit me up I'll PM you my number you can stop by my place and have a beer anytime.

Dreamer

I will drive around this shitheap if I can just to avoid it and the people in it. Except for you dreamer. I guess I'd come back to say hello or something. BTW if you're ever down in the Lexington park or St. Marys area hit me up I'll PM you my number you can stop by my place and have a beer anytime.

Thanks for that.

If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'll be sure to give you a "heads up".

I'm only here because my family is here. As soon as I return to grad school, I'll be getting the hell out of MD too...

KainVictus

And I don't blame you dreamer I remember you from the NC forums I was sad to hear you couldn't make the December 3rd oc meeting in morresville.

Sig229

AGREED! I cannot stand this state and the terms in which the expect me and my family to live our lives. I am the only pro open carry person in my family because they have not lived in a place like this where you literally wonder "which of the people I'm walking past wants to rob me for a little bit of cash and then kill me" They don't understand protecting yourself does not mean wondering around like a lost sheep. This states CC law is a joke to say the least. I feel sure that the only reason they have one is to appease the people who enjoy owning guns. First I have to prove that I have two threats on my life. . .then I have to pay a fee that is out ******* rageous and then I get to keep paying said fee for as long as I want to carry my gun. . .oh thats IF the state and judge decide my case is worth giving me a concealed carry license. and the odds of that are about one hundred billion to the 100th of happening. **** this state **** the people who "love" this state. I'll leave this place in 2 years and NEVER and I do mean NEVER think about coming here again. I will drive around this shitheap if I can just to avoid it and the people in it. Except for you dreamer. I guess I'd come back to say hello or something. BTW if you're ever down in the Lexington park or St. Marys area hit me up I'll PM you my number you can stop by my place and have a beer anytime.

Get out as soon as you can. No sense in living your life without the ability to protect yourself and your family.
I remember when I moved out of MD a few years ago, it was like an enormous weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

And it wasnt just because of the gun laws either. It seems like most of the places you go in MD people want to kill each other over the smallest things.

I had two guys in a truck want to fight me just because I looked into there general direction.
"WTF you looking at man? I'll F--K you up man"
Many of the people in MD are under a pressure cooker and are out just looking for conflict.

More and more predators are being bred over there each day.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Ahh, the Mason-Dixon line is about 1/4 of a mile from the border of Maryland and Pennsylvania on its horizontal axis, which puts virtually the entire state of Maryland in the South. Now this doesn't seem to make any difference to the folks who inhabit the state house in Annapolis as they proposed about two years ago to remove the designation of Maryland as a Southern state. As far as I'm concerned, that fits the reality of their status. Let the north have them.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Jeez, don't scare me like that!

When I saw the thread title, I thought the state government had expanded dramatically.

Sig229

Ahh, the Mason-Dixon line is about 1/4 of a mile from the border of Maryland and Pennsylvania on its horizontal axis, which puts virtually the entire state of Maryland in the South. Now this doesn't seem to make any difference to the folks who inhabit the state house in Annapolis as they proposed about two years ago to remove the designation of Maryland as a Southern state. As far as I'm concerned, that fits the reality of their status. Let the north have them.

Ive lived in the south (Virginia, Georgia and Florida) and I have lived in the north.
Now, Maryland isnt of course a "deep south" state. But it is a southern state. Both geographically and socially.
The US census puts MD as south classification and the culture is far more southern than even its northern neighbor of Pennsylvania where I reside now.

The food, the manners (for those who still have them) and even the language is southern.
Also, during the Civil War, Maryland was a slave state and sent most of its boys to fight for the confederacy.
Hell, the Union Army took Federal Hill and aimed huge cannons at the city of Baltimore. In essence, Baltimore was held hostage by the Union army. John Wilks Booth was born and raised in Maryland also.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Maryland's strategy is not as dumb as it sounds. If you were bent on empire-building and you were in law enforcement, the best thing you could have is a terrorized populace and too much crime. "Just give me more money and power, and I'll tackle y'all's crime problem." At the same time, it ensures that the easy targets (i.e., law abiding citizens) can't fight back, reducing them to a state of dependency. As long as they don't notice that the "crime fighting" thing is almost completely ineffective, they'll keep coughing up more and more money for "crime fighting". Crime is a growth industry - without more crime, how would we have enough work for the lawyers, cops, bailiffs, judges, court clerks, court reporters, and all the people who support those guys? There is a reason why Maryland is a pro-crime state. There's gold in them thar hills.

Sig229

Maryland's strategy is not as dumb as it sounds. If you were bent on empire-building and you were in law enforcement, the best thing you could have is a terrorized populace and too much crime. "Just give me more money and power, and I'll tackle y'all's crime problem." At the same time, it ensures that the easy targets (i.e., law abiding citizens) can't fight back, reducing them to a state of dependency. As long as they don't notice that the "crime fighting" thing is almost completely ineffective, they'll keep coughing up more and more money for "crime fighting". Crime is a growth industry - without more crime, how would we have enough work for the lawyers, cops, bailiffs, judges, court clerks, court reporters, and all the people who support those guys? There is a reason why Maryland is a pro-crime state. There's gold in them thar hills.

Very good point.
Also, when you drie around in MD you cant go five miles without having a local police car on your ass hoping to pull you over for the smallest infraction.

Even here in downtown Pittsburgh, you can drive around all day and not have a cop riding your bumper.