Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: status on H.R. 822??

status on H.R. 822??

Is there any movement on H.R. 822?? last I saw was:

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=7169

"National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act Scheduled for House Floor on Tuesday— Contact Your U.S. Representative Immediately!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

H.R. 822—the “National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2011” is scheduled for a vote on the U.S. House floor this Tuesday, November 15. We’ve told you the truth about why the legislation is very good for gun owners and now it is imperative that you contact your U.S. Representative IMMEDIATELY and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

As we have been reporting all along, H.R. 822 is a good bill for gun owners. The bill will enable America’s millions of permit holders to exercise their right to self-defense while traveling outside their home states by requiring states to recognize each others' lawfully-issued carry permits, just as they recognize driver's licenses and carry permits held by armored car guards.

H.R. 822 does not create a federal licensing or registration system; does not establish a minimum federal standard for the carry permit; does not involve the federal bureaucracy in setting standards for carry permit; and it does not destroy or discourage the adoption of permitless carry systems such as those in Arizona, Alaska, Vermont and Wyoming.

Again, this critically important bill will be on the House floor on Tuesday. Please IMMEDIATELY contact your member of Congress and urge him or her to vote for H.R. 822 WITH NO AMENDMENTS.

You can find contact information for your U.S. Representative by using the "Write Your Representatives" tool at www.NRAILA.org. You may also contact your Representative by phone at (202) 225-3121. Additionally, you may CLICK HERE TO EMAIL YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS."

McX
    the bill is a great idea, but i wonder how the states will react to a loss of a revenue stream from their issuing non-resident permits(?)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    the bill is a great idea, but i wonder how the states will react to a loss of a revenue stream from their issuing non-resident permits(?)
    I wonder how the federal GFSZ will be affected by this, or if it will remain the same? I'm guessing the same.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    Is there any movement on H.R. 822?? last I saw was:
    It passed in the house yesterday Yeas and Nays: 271 - 153

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:H.RES.463:
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I wonder how the federal GFSZ will be affected by this, or if it will remain the same? I'm guessing the same.
    i would guess that if your home state permit gives you access to a school zone, it would have to be good in other states. kinda negates the whole school zone thing then.

No, you still have to follow the laws of the state you are in.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h822/text

A person carrying a concealed handgun under this section shall be permitted to carry a handgun subject to the same conditions or limitations that apply to residents of the State who have permits issued by the State or are otherwise lawfully allowed to do so by the State.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    It passed in the house yesterday Yeas and Nays: 271 - 153

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:H.RES.463:
    Not entirely correct. HR 463 passed the House.

HR 463 was a resolution to consider HR 822 and to dispense with the rules regarding amendments and points of order. I believe 822 will actually come up today (11/16/11).

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post

HR 463 was a resolution to consider HR 822 and to dispense with the rules regarding amendments and points of order. I believe 822 will actually come up today (11/16/11).
    Quite right.

Stay tuned for further details.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

You can watch online.

http://houselive.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by hrdware View Post

You are 100% correct I missed it sorry
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Hr 822...

...has 245 sponsors in the house, will be voted on this afternoon, and is expected to pass, but may be facing trouble in Senate. FOX NEWS. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    They should be trying to pass HR-2900 instead..........
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

House disusing HR 822 on cspan now
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

LOL tell me you are watching this and the crazy woman with the picture of the kid getting a flu shot.

lol and she's back again with another BS amendment, with her picture of the kid getting a flu shot

LOL her amendment is that someone who plans to travel to another state and carry there must contact law enforcement of that state 24 hours before they arrive to let them know they are going to carry in their state.

Her first amendment was that all states that allow CCW create a database of CCW license holders and that those databases are provided to a national database to all states available 24 hours a day so cops can look at it when they pull someone over.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-16-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    LOL her amendment is that someone who plans to travel to another state and carry there must contact law enforcement of that state 24 hours before they arrive to let them know they are going to carry in their state.

Her first amendment was that all states that allow CCW create a database of CCW license holders and that those databases are provided to a national database to all states available 24 hours a day so cops can look at it when they pull someone over.
    I'm sure the criminal will register himself that he carries. Does this woman even think for more than 3 seconds?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Wow that woman is CRAZAZAZY

This is why that is bad legislation! See the amendments they are trying to add? What do you think will happen when they figure out they can tweak this when they are back in full control?

This will come back too bit us in the butt.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post

Sheila Jackson Lee (D) Texas
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

They are voting on the ammendments right now.

So far the first 9 amendments have failed the vote to be adopted, watch it live @ houselive.gov
    Last edited by jimd_21; 11-16-2011 at 05:10 PM. Reason: update
    Beware of the Beast Within..... Under God one Nation will be returned to its Foundation!

On Passage(House):

Totals:
    Yea: 272
    Nay: 154
    Last edited by Dogbait; 11-16-2011 at 06:16 PM.

i saw the pass too so is that it or is there another hoop that it needs to go through?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcice View Post
    i saw the pass too so is that it or is there another hoop that it needs to go through?
    Now it needs to get through the Senate and escape a presidential veto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast