• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

status on H.R. 822??

flb_78

This does not need to become law. The States are handling it fine on their own.

If the Feds get involved, it's going to add a massive layer of bureaucracy that permit holders will have to fight.

Jason in WI

This does not need to become law. The States are handling it fine on their own.

If the Feds get involved, it's going to add a massive layer of bureaucracy that permit holders will have to fight.

I agree, just look at the gun law maps. We have made great strides in a short period of time across the nation. Best way to mess it up is have the government "fix" stuff.

It's funny to laugh at that 24 hour notice amendment now, but it won't be when they add it latter; for our safety of course.

hrdware

I'm sure the criminal will register himself that he carries. :rolleyes: Does this woman even think for more than 3 seconds?

Apparently not, one of her comments was "...the officer sees your concealed gun on your hip...". How exactly does anyone see a concealed weapon out of the blue?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

This bill won't see the light of day in the Senate let alone get Obama's signature.
If the senators do their job to protect their state's rights. The states' rights are a fine bulwark against federal meddling, so often encouraged by the assembled people's representatives in the name of progress and fairness.