• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Crosse Peoples Food CO-OP

JJC

They're posted.

I talked with the manager yesterday. When asked the reason for posting, (Quote) I want to protect my employees. (unquote).

I inquired as to what steps he's taking to protect employees and customers he stated he's instructed his employees to watch for weapons, then call the LEO. (he had to do that just last week, (knife).

I asked how he planned on protecting me if I shopped at the store and left my weapon (legal) in the car. (Quote) He (Dave) would stand in front of me and take the bullet. (unquote).

I asked for a refund on my membership, he connected me to the information counter and instructed them to refund my membership fee. The store must be making lots of money if they can refund memberships and turn away paying customers.

When asked if he considered the "liability" issue with posting, he said he knew nothing about the CCW law.

JJC

M

McX

you'd think being a co-op, they would be for the people, for the cooperative, not for the criminal.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Coops are run by a board of directors elected by coop members. The board hires the manager. Contact the board and ask them if they approved this policy.

JJC

Thanks Flipper;

I just sent a letter to all board members. I will let you know if I get a response.

JJC

Just got this response back from a board member:

Hello J

Thanks for the feedback. Let me look into this and I'll get back to you. Please hold onto your membership in the meanwhile.

On a personal note, where do you instruct??? I've thought of taking the training too.

JJC

Serpent

If I remember correctly, didn't they just merge with the Rochester Mn co-op? Did they post that one as well?
Or is this just a knee-jerk reaction to the new law here?

JJC

I was in the Rochester one a few weeks ago and didn't see any signs.

I'm thinking this manager is just having a knee jerk.

I let you all know what I get back from the Board.

JJC

hermannr

The proper answer to someone like that manager is: How many criminals do you think will be stopped from carrying thier weapon into your store by the sign? (Answer is none). How many legally carrying individuals do you think may do like me and stop shopping here (answer, most).

Do you think that a criminal is going to rob your store if there is a leo in your store when he is ready to rob it? Do you think that is the LEO's uniform or the weapon that the LEO is carrying that will stop that robber? How is a law abiding licensed citizen any different than a LEO, do you think that just the presence of that OC gun may be enough to persuade the robber to find an easier victim? Think about it.

Then ask for your refund.