• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harter vetoes La Crosse city's concealed carry ordinance

bigdaddy1

Wait a minute here, Mayer Harter states that a sign doesnt stop a criminal? How can that be? Your trying to tell me that by putting a sign in front of a business that tells people that firearms are not permited inside doesnt keep criminals out?

Sarcasm aside its refreshing to find an elected official that gets it.

bigdaddy1

This may give the residence of that community time to inform their elected officials that they do not want them to override the veto. Maybe those elected officials will understand that they are only the voice of the community, and not the conscience.