Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dumb question

  1. #1
    Regular Member metalman383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire WI, ,
    Posts
    283

    Dumb question

    I don't know how you guys feel about Walker. In my opinion, even though he could have pushed for real CC, I have been quite happy, with the leaps and bounds, that we have made under his watch. We still have a lot of work to do, in order to fully restore our rights.
    My question is, if Walker gets recalled, could a democratic gov repeal the cc bill? If that happened would we be grandfathered in, or would we lose it all together?
    Thanks for any input.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    461
    Yes, a democratic governor and legislation could absolutely repeal ACT 35. And ACT 10 for that matter. Recalling walker is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen to our state. I have no desire to become illinois, who is 5 billion behind on their bills, raised personal taxes 68%, business taxes 45%, and has now hit over 10% unemployment and has a budget shortfall of 200 billion they still have no source to cover without raising taxes even MORE. And businesses are leaving illinois like rats on a sinking ship. And illinois doesn't allow CCW, which is something the democrats would push to repeal as well.

    While the bill had bipartisan support, the democrats don't like it and use it every chance they get as fodder. (even the ones who voted for it... ever seen lena taylor lately? lol)

    Plus we want to move to LESS restrictive CCW and eventually constitutional carry and elimination of GFSZ completely. That will never happen with democrats in power.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-16-2011 at 09:55 AM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    I agree that the Democraps could repeal CCW, but that would be political suicide as MANY of the liberal voters are for it. Believe it or not! I know a few people that are working in the repeal sheep herd that are all excited about getting their CCW license. I tried to inform one of them that Walkers plans are working and Wisconsin is stronger because of it but their blind hatred of anything he does prevents them from seeing the truth.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    I don't know how you guys feel about Walker. In my opinion, even though he could have pushed for real CC, I have been quite happy, with the leaps and bounds, that we have made under his watch. We still have a lot of work to do, in order to fully restore our rights.
    My question is, if Walker gets recalled, could a democratic gov repeal the cc bill? If that happened would we be grandfathered in, or would we lose it all together?
    Thanks for any input.
    It would have to be done through the courts or legislature. The governor cannot repeal a bill that is law.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  5. #5
    Regular Member wild boar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    445

    Getting back to the question...

    ...of weather or not a grandfather clause would apply with the repeal. I believe one would have to know case law to establish a platform, and then this would only be dealing with generalities not having tested this law in particular. Then again, it's totally possible, I wrong! boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

  6. #6
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    It would have to be done through the courts or legislature. The governor cannot repeal a bill that is law.
    Exactly. Either it would have be overturned in the courts, which would never happen, or a bill would have to be introduced, passed through the Assembly and Senate and signed by the Governor. Act 35 will not be repealled. It never has been in any of the other states. But if it was repealled, our permits would be null and void.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 11-16-2011 at 12:57 PM.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Exactly. Either it would have be overturned in the courts, which would never happen, or a bill would have to be introduced, passed through the Assembly and Senate and signed by the Governor. Act 35 will not be repealled. It never has been in any of the other states. But if it was repealled, our licenses would be null and void.
    fixed
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  8. #8
    Regular Member RR_Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    172
    Guns, and gun rights are the only issue that is keeping me voting republican. (At least locally, the national republicans need to come up with a candidate that isn't : nationally before I'll vote that way for federal elections.)

    Maybe after a couple of terms of republicans the stuff will be well entrenched and "untouchable". If Walker loses the recall (and he has a good chance of doing so) this year we'll be right back exactly where we started, minus castle doctrine, minus CCW, but only with that dumb "arrest for anything" law, right back to taxpayer fleecing collective bargaining and whatever else good that has happened. You can be guaranteed the new gov will work very hard to unzip everything, as they will think they have a "mandate". Even if they get ousted because of it later.... they'll still do it.
    Last edited by RR_Broccoli; 11-16-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

  9. #9
    Regular Member BROKENSPROKET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Trempealeau County
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    fixed
    I know I should be ashamed. I don't like that word either, and I end up using it myself.

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    Guns, and gun rights are the only issue that is keeping me voting republican. (At least locally, the national republicans need to come up with a candidate that isn't : nationally before I'll vote that way for federal elections.)

    Maybe after a couple of terms of republicans the stuff will be well entrenched and "untouchable". If Walker loses the recall (and he has a good chance of doing so) this year we'll be right back exactly where we started, minus castle doctrine, minus CCW, but only with that dumb "arrest for anything" law, right back to taxpayer fleecing collective bargaining and whatever else good that has happened. You can be guaranteed the new gov will work very hard to unzip everything, as they will think they have a "mandate". Even if they get ousted because of it later.... they'll still do it.
    I highly doubt Walker will be recalled.

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I know I should be ashamed. I don't like that word either, and I end up using it myself.
    Shame! Shame! Shame!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •