• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dumb question

metalman383

I don't know how you guys feel about Walker. In my opinion, even though he could have pushed for real CC, I have been quite happy, with the leaps and bounds, that we have made under his watch. We still have a lot of work to do, in order to fully restore our rights.
My question is, if Walker gets recalled, could a democratic gov repeal the cc bill? If that happened would we be grandfathered in, or would we lose it all together?
Thanks for any input.

bmwguy11

Yes, a democratic governor and legislation could absolutely repeal ACT 35. And ACT 10 for that matter. Recalling walker is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen to our state. I have no desire to become illinois, who is 5 billion behind on their bills, raised personal taxes 68%, business taxes 45%, and has now hit over 10% unemployment and has a budget shortfall of 200 billion they still have no source to cover without raising taxes even MORE. And businesses are leaving illinois like rats on a sinking ship. And illinois doesn't allow CCW, which is something the democrats would push to repeal as well.

While the bill had bipartisan support, the democrats don't like it and use it every chance they get as fodder. (even the ones who voted for it... ever seen lena taylor lately? lol)

Plus we want to move to LESS restrictive CCW and eventually constitutional carry and elimination of GFSZ completely. That will never happen with democrats in power.

Last edited:

bigdaddy1

I agree that the Democraps could repeal CCW, but that would be political suicide as MANY of the liberal voters are for it. Believe it or not! I know a few people that are working in the repeal sheep herd that are all excited about getting their CCW license. I tried to inform one of them that Walkers plans are working and Wisconsin is stronger because of it but their blind hatred of anything he does prevents them from seeing the truth.

protias

I don't know how you guys feel about Walker. In my opinion, even though he could have pushed for real CC, I have been quite happy, with the leaps and bounds, that we have made under his watch. We still have a lot of work to do, in order to fully restore our rights.
My question is, if Walker gets recalled, could a democratic gov repeal the cc bill? If that happened would we be grandfathered in, or would we lose it all together?
Thanks for any input.

It would have to be done through the courts or legislature. The governor cannot repeal a bill that is law.

wild boar

Getting back to the question...

...of weather or not a grandfather clause would apply with the repeal. I believe one would have to know case law to establish a platform, and then this would only be dealing with generalities not having tested this law in particular. Then again, it's totally possible, I wrong! boar out.

BROKENSPROKET

It would have to be done through the courts or legislature. The governor cannot repeal a bill that is law.

Exactly. Either it would have be overturned in the courts, which would never happen, or a bill would have to be introduced, passed through the Assembly and Senate and signed by the Governor. Act 35 will not be repealled. It never has been in any of the other states. But if it was repealled, our permits would be null and void.

Last edited:

protias

Exactly. Either it would have be overturned in the courts, which would never happen, or a bill would have to be introduced, passed through the Assembly and Senate and signed by the Governor. Act 35 will not be repealled. It never has been in any of the other states. But if it was repealled, our licenses would be null and void.

fixed :p

RR_Broccoli

Guns, and gun rights are the only issue that is keeping me voting republican. (At least locally, the national republicans need to come up with a candidate that isn't :banana::monkey::question::banghead::eek: nationally before I'll vote that way for federal elections.)

Maybe after a couple of terms of republicans the stuff will be well entrenched and "untouchable". If Walker loses the recall (and he has a good chance of doing so) this year we'll be right back exactly where we started, minus castle doctrine, minus CCW, but only with that dumb "arrest for anything" law, right back to [strike]taxpayer fleecing[/strike] collective bargaining and whatever else good that has happened. You can be guaranteed the new gov will work very hard to unzip everything, as they will think they have a "mandate". Even if they get ousted because of it later.... they'll still do it.

Last edited:

protias

Guns, and gun rights are the only issue that is keeping me voting republican. (At least locally, the national republicans need to come up with a candidate that isn't :banana::monkey::question::banghead::eek: nationally before I'll vote that way for federal elections.)

Maybe after a couple of terms of republicans the stuff will be well entrenched and "untouchable". If Walker loses the recall (and he has a good chance of doing so) this year we'll be right back exactly where we started, minus castle doctrine, minus CCW, but only with that dumb "arrest for anything" law, right back to [strike]taxpayer fleecing[/strike] collective bargaining and whatever else good that has happened. You can be guaranteed the new gov will work very hard to unzip everything, as they will think they have a "mandate". Even if they get ousted because of it later.... they'll still do it.

I highly doubt Walker will be recalled.

I know I should be ashamed. :cry: I don't like that word either, and I end up using it myself.

Shame! Shame! Shame! :p