Thread: Wrong info on CCW card...what to do?

Wrong info on CCW card...what to do?

I received my card on Sat. Everything looks good except they have my middle name wrong. Not just misspelled, but a different middle name. Address, birthday, ect are all correct. So what do I do? My thought is to not rock the boat. If I send the card back now, it could be months.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    call them and ask what they can do about it try and stay anonymous use what if ?'s

my thoughts are you are in the system they could fix it and send a new one in short time but i tend to think with common sense
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

that sucks!! I wonder if they can move you to front of the line since your app was already processed and approved. Maybe call them up and ask what options. Let us know what happens!

I will try calling, I'm sure they are flooded with calls already.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I will try calling, I'm sure they are flooded with calls already.
    Well, the first week, I'm sure they were flooded. This week, it's probably just "WHERE IS MY APP AT??" But you have a legit problem, an easy problem to solve, as you have a VERY SPECIFIC issue to address, so I think you'll be surprised at what they can do for ya.

McX
    perhapse photocopy the card, send them the photocopy with the error highlighted, and ask them for instructions on how to remedy this. that way the card you got at least stays in your hands until they suggest how to resolve it.
    Last edited by McX; 11-16-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spellllllling

It would probably just be easier to legally change your name.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Took less than 5 minutes. New card on the way and he apologized for the error. I have to pick my self up off the floor now.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    It would probably just be easier to legally change your name.
    They are on the case. I don't have to send the old card back till I get the new one.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Took less than 5 minutes. New card on the way and he apologized for the error. I have to pick my self up off the floor now.
    Holy Crap!

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Had the same thing with Utah, my birthday was wrong. I didn't notice it for months...lol

Called up expecting the worst, lady was super nice. Fixing it took about two minutes on the phone and they mailed it the same day.

Glad WI fixed it so fast, I would have bet it was going to be a cluster, especially with the amount of apps they need to process.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    im glad it worked out for the best
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Holy Crap!

My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    Had the same thing with Utah, my birthday was wrong. I didn't notice it for months...lol

Called up expecting the worst, lady was super nice. Fixing it took about two minutes on the phone and they mailed it the same day.

Glad WI fixed it so fast, I would have bet it was going to be a cluster, especially with the amount of apps they need to process.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I can still use the old one in the meantime so no hurry. Just pleasantly surprised. They have probably used up my $50 and then some after this.
    Last edited by oak1971; 11-16-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    Holy Crap!

I miss Frank Barone.