• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

John Clark Oil.

neuroblades

There was one small encounter that might be of interest to those in the Kentucky side. On the drive back from our journey last night, I had grown weary and decided to stop for a bottle of water and some cigars top help me stay awake. We stopped at the John Clark BP station that's beside the Giovanni's on the left. I have stopped in this station for various and sundry items on many of my late night drive's back from Ashland for doughnuts and have never had any issues prior. On this encounter though, the attendant was young guy in his early 20's, he was standing outside having a smoking and talking to an older gentleman. As I started in he stopped me to inform me that "I couldn't carry in there". I was rather surprised at this and falling back into my "educational role" as an OC'er, I stepped back and looked at the front of the store and not seeing any signage, I asked him why not, being that there were no signs stating as such. He said that they had supposedly been robbed 2 or 3 times as of late. We talked for a couple more minutes and then he asked if I had my CCDW and I asked what that had to do with it and he said that if I had that, it was OK to carry on. I told him that I did but that that had nothing to do with OC'ing. We talked for a few more minutes and he explained that it wasn't him personally but that the John Clark company that owned the station had a policy that there were to be no OC in the store now. He told me that he had his CCDW and they refused to allow him to carry in any shape, form or fashion. I then finished my transaction as I needed the cigars to stay awake, otherwise I would've left and headed on down the road. As I exited the station, he asked me if I'd like to see what they DID allow them to have in the event of a robbery? I, of course, couldn't resist seeing this as he had told me prior that they wouldn't allow them to have a sidearm, taser, or even a stun gun. They only thing they allowed them to have for protection, a hollow steel pipe about 10" long! *LOL*

I took this opportunity to educate him more as to the his Rights of OC in Kentucky and promised to look into this issue with the John Clark company. I also suggested that he look us up on here and join the forum.

neuroblades

Reply From John Clark Oil.

I have received a reply from John Clark Oil, the reply is a s follows:

Ken,
We do not have a policy on guns legally carried into the stores. It just frightens our cashiers due to so many robberies that occur in our business.

I apologize for the misunderstanding and we will talk to our employees on this issue.

Thanks,
Martha Humphrey
Supervisor
Clark's Pump N Shop

I have replied back thanking her for her reply to this matter.

MrOverlay

I have received a reply from John Clark Oil, the reply is a s follows:

Ken,
We do not have a policy on guns legally carried into the stores. It just frightens our cashiers due to so many robberies that occur in our business.

I apologize for the misunderstanding and we will talk to our employees on this issue.

Thanks,
Martha Humphrey
Supervisor
Clark's Pump N Shop

I have replied back thanking her for her reply to this matter.

If that is the same Martha Humphrey I know, and I suspect it is, she and her husband are both pro 2A. When they shot IPSC/USPSA I shot with them for many years. I think they are into sporting clays now.

Gary

neuroblades

If that is the same Martha Humphrey I know, and I suspect it is, she and her husband are both pro 2A. When they shot IPSC/USPSA I shot with them for many years. I think they are into sporting clays now.

Gary

Well, here's to hoping that they are one in the same then. :) There are enough anti-2A folks and businesses out there, we need more pro-2A's!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Can you Please pass along an email address? I would like to thank them for being a business that supports our rights! Also could you give me the location of the station you had problems with?

Last edited:

neuroblades

Can you Please pass along an email address? I would like to thank them for being a business that supports our rights! Also could you give me the location of the station you had problems with?

Here's her email address:

martha.humphrey@clarkspns.com

Coming from Louisa to Ashland, the station in question is located on the right side of US23, about 20 miles outside Louisa in the Durbin area.

Last edited: