Thread: New here..

New here..

Hello to all;

I am new to the forum, so in my first post I feel it is important to tell you a little something about myself:

I have been lurking here (and other gun related sites) for many months now and am finally getting around to registering. My lurking has given me something of a picture of the people that are posting here. I will say that there is a wide variety of personalities and attitudes. In reality, the whole situation with MKEgal is what got me motivated. Unfortunately, I have very little in time resources because work and family demands are high, so I do what I can Ė when I can, as long as I can keep my sanity. I hope to contribute on occasion and count on everyone to keep me in line.

I have a UT and FL permits, but Iím still waiting for my WI (Mailed on the 1st). I have yet to have an actual legal concealed carry opportunity, so I am still a virgin here. Iím a bit nervous about the first time or two once the WI card arrives. (The same first timer issues that have been discussed throughout this forum.) Iíll get over it.

I should make it a point to go to one of the gatherings in Delavan or Kansasville. I am in these areas regularly and it would be nice to put faces with names (avatars?). Do I just show up and look for the group that appears conspicuously un-armed? I wonít necessarily know if Iím going until the last minute.

I guess this means that Iíve crossed over to the dark side.

Cool Welcome To The Forum

Welcome Helorob.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helorob View Post
    ----snip----

If so, you brought your light with you.

Welcome to our world.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Campaign Veteran
    Welcome to the forums!

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

As far as finding us, in the past it's just been easier to look for the armed group OC'ing. I'm sure the bulk of us (like myself) will continue to open carry. The permission slip is nice to have so you don't have to make sure your jacket/sweatshirt doesn't fall over your defensive accessory of choice.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Welcome to the forum.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Thumbs up Welcome! There Will Be A Group This Friday At Lizzy's Green Cafe....Around 6 To 9 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Helorob View Post
    Hello to all;

I am new to the forum, so in my first post I feel it is important to tell you a little something about myself:

I have been lurking here (and other gun related sites) for many months now and am finally getting around to registering. My lurking has given me something of a picture of the people that are posting here. I will say that there is a wide variety of personalities and attitudes. In reality, the whole situation with MKEgal is what got me motivated. Unfortunately, I have very little in time resources because work and family demands are high, so I do what I can Ė when I can, as long as I can keep my sanity. I hope to contribute on occasion and count on everyone to keep me in line.

I have a UT and FL permits, but Iím still waiting for my WI (Mailed on the 1st). I have yet to have an actual legal concealed carry opportunity, so I am still a virgin here. Iím a bit nervous about the first time or two once the WI card arrives. (The same first timer issues that have been discussed throughout this forum.) Iíll get over it.

I should make it a point to go to one of the gatherings in Delavan or Kansasville. I am in these areas regularly and it would be nice to put faces with names (avatars?). Do I just show up and look for the group that appears conspicuously un-armed? I wonít necessarily know if Iím going until the last minute.

I'm sure you meant to write "that appears to be wearing holstered handguns openly...."

And...we aren't the "Dark Side". We are definitely on the side of Light. "These are not the droids you are looking for....move along..."

Once again welcome and join the fracus of posters here...
    ďThe Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.Ē -- Samuel Adams

ďToday, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.Ē

óJohn F. Kennedy

McX
    welcome to the boom town, pick a handgun, we got plenty to go around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrRl9-QvREI&feature=fvst

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Welcome!

This is an open carry forum so most of us will do that the greater amount of the time. I can understand the nerves when first starting to open carry but usually few people actually even notice which you'll quickly find out. As far as CC, no one will notice, as long as you are wearing it well so nervousness is much less a factor.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Welcome. I hope to meet you at one of the various events.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I appreciate the encouragement. OC isn't as easy to spot as one would think. I have never seen one and I've been looking. The CC experience will get me the confidence to OC. That's another discussion.

This Friday won't work, but I'm going to mark the next events and see what i can do. The Delavan Starbucks is an easier day for me (Sundays) when I can be found in that area.

-Grapeshot.... I don't have a tactical light, but a Crimsion Trace will Do? It only lights up what I need to see.

So far its a 9mm XDSC and Sig P226, then a S&W .357/.38 for the wife (it has small grips).

Thanks all; I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome...for your own sanity, stear clear of that McX guy... :-)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Cool Welcome to the forum!

Welcome Helorob. Congratulations on deciding to honor your natural right to self-protection. If you haven't already read this sticky for newcomers, you'll find it very informative. Hope to see you around. Stay safe....

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

welcome ... im new here too .. everyone seems really nice and willing to help

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Welcome...for your own sanity, stear clear of that McX guy... :-)
    the Truth, thusly spoken! (har-har)

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    the Truth, thusly spoken! (har-har)
    Bro...you need to feed your avatar, he's looking all square-headed, sunken-eyed , and rail thin; more cheeseburgers Pronto!!!
    Attachment 7417

Hallo Rob,
    Welcome to the jungle;
    grab a vine & chime in sometime...
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 11-17-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)