• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hornady Zombie Max Ammo?

neuroblades

Just ran across this online a bit ago. Anyone else seen or used this ammo yet?

Hornady Zombie Max:
http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
You're several weeks late to the party. There were about six threads discussing this ammo. :D

It is the same as Hornady Critical Defense except it has green tips and a different package.

neuroblades

Oh OK, I just saw it inm an email from one of the supply places I deal with from time to time and I have no idea how I missed the thread unless it was posted elsewhere. *LOL*

09jisaac

Oh OK, I just saw it inm an email from one of the supply places I deal with from time to time and I have no idea how I missed the thread unless it was posted elsewhere. *LOL*

DON'T DISCUSS THIS EVERYONE WILL BE MAD!!! They think that you should used this screwed up search bar, then, if you still don't find anything, don't make anything you think is new.

If you wonder if this has been posted before then it probably had and some a$$hole will say that you should have searched for it.....

But it is, like what was said, just critical defense with a green tip. I have been trying to find some, everywhere that I have found online is sold out of it....

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Thank you for being the one to say that! Who should care if we post about the same thing ten times? Do we have a limited number of posts, then were cut off? Nope!, I think if you have a question, and want an answer, post it! Most of us don't care, and will help without fussing, but some will have an infarction. However, is this only for handguns at the moment?, or are they making it for rifles too? I wish they'd bring the critical defense line to 5.56/7.62. In handguns this round expands fabulously every time, would be nice to have that certainty in a rifle round as well. Not that you were fussing SD, but some people do lose their stuff over something so petty!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
In my defense, I don't care if he starts another thread. It was more of a joke that he missed the six threads we already had......and that this ammo has been out for a few weeks already. Now everyone settle down...

09jisaac

In my defense, I don't care if he starts another thread. It was more of a joke that he missed the six threads we already had......and that this ammo has been out for a few weeks already. Now everyone settle down...

In your defense? You need no defense, you pointed out that their were other threads. You weren't being an a$$hole about it....

neuroblades

Thank you for being the one to say that! Who should care if we post about the same thing ten times? Do we have a limited number of posts, then were cut off? Nope!, I think if you have a question, and want an answer, post it! Most of us don't care, and will help without fussing, but some will have an infarction. However, is this only for handguns at the moment?, or are they making it for rifles too? I wish they'd bring the critical defense line to 5.56/7.62. In handguns this round expands fabulously every time, would be nice to have that certainty in a rifle round as well. Not that you were fussing SD, but some people do lose their stuff over something so petty!!

Well, according to the specs., The Z-Max (Zombie Max) ammo is the same as Critical Defense ammo and they produce Z-Max ammo for the whole group from .380 all the way up to 12 gauge.

neuroblades

It's all cool. :) I didn't take offense in any way. Trust me, I've dealt with some massive A-Hole's on here before, namely one down in Tennessee. *LMBO*

KYGlockster

Activist Member
The rifle rounds are the company's v-max bullet, but green instead of red, the pistol rounds are actual critical defense rounds with ftx bullet. I want the ftx in a rifle round, hopefully they'll bring it out.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I was able to get two boxes of the 9mm which as stated is the critical defense, but with green insert and gold colored (brass) instead of nickel case. I also got a box of the 7.62X39 which has a steel case. (steel match?) Now to find the 12 GA!

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I heard on the radio that AA firearms in Grayson is stocking this ammo now. I also ran by borders in boyd co. this evening and they had about 20 boxes in .45acp, but no other caliber.

neuroblades

Hornady Zombie Max Ammo Located, Supplies LIMITED!

I located some of this ammo while in the Ashalnd area. For those interested, it was only in .308, .223, & 40 S&W though. One of the dealers at the Ashland gunshow, at the Shriner's building was carrying it but he had limited supply!

No, there were no 9mm rounds to be had. :(

09jisaac

Don't quote me but I think that the .223 is going for close to 20+, and the .308 is going close to 30. Around 28 if I am not mistaken. But all the guy had when I went was 2 boxes of .308, 6 of .223, and 2 of .40....

On a side note, that was a very poor "gun" show in my opinion. More knifes than usually but less guns.

neuroblades

Are these rounds going for the same price as critical defense loads or are they jacking the price up?

They were running for about the same as Critical Defense rounds for the 40 S&W rounds. I seriously thought about picking up a box for the 40 S&W though I would never had shot them, I'm wanting a box for keepsake. *LOL*

neuroblades

Don't quote me but I think that the .223 is going for close to 20+, and the .308 is going close to 30. Around 28 if I am not mistaken. But all the guy had when I went was 2 boxes of .308, 6 of .223, and 2 of .40....

On a side note, that was a very poor "gun" show in my opinion. More knifes than usually but less guns.

I have to agree whole-heartedly with you about the gun show but I only attend the Ashland shows maybe once every so often. They're mostly a knife and meet & greet thing. But this show was somewhat better than they had been in years past though some of the prices were outrageous!

Personally, I like the Lexington shows and would love to make one of the Louisville shows sometime.