• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Idaho open carry

Kenne

Hows it going everyone. I'm Kenne. I've been US Navy stationed in San Diego for the last few years now I'm back here in Boise and going to college for film directing online at Full Sail University. Been doing open carry in Cali. for 2years. I have a 4in M1911 thats my baby. Just saying hi and hope I can become active in this group. I film and ride mountain bikes professionally.

Kenne

no i dont have been kinda in my own world and everything for the last 3months.

does anyone how long is now takes for a CCW tomorrow I'm applying for one.

bowb

Took about 40 days to get my CWL.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Kenne

sweet guess i need to get a new serpa holster for my 1911 A1 always used a leather holster but it was lost during my move im mainly just going to carry in my truck which is why i got this as my money is going to a new m16 556 that im building up for my xmas and divorce present to my self hahahaha

carracer

Welcome back to Boise! Please feel welcome to come to our next meeting at Wild Bills BBQ in Meridian. Date Dec 12th at 6:30 pm! Meet lots of other open and concelaed carriers there...and great food!

Kenne

dec 12th im game should have my new serpa holster to try out. in cali i have to have my gun unloaded and the mag on my other side of the gun and i would keep the slide back for quick readiness is idaho the same??

edit
ill bring my cameras also so we can all have a nice like show what we did if that would be cool or not a good idea??

Last edited:

Kenne

i love idaho even more now granted i got great with loading and chambering a round but sweet :)

DocWalker

Welcome, I live in Mountain Home but work at the Boise VA Medical Center. Unfortunatly we can't carry at the VA but since your a NAVY vet you might visit once in a while. The only negative place I have found in the area is the NAMPA bowling alley, they believe in criminals rights and not yours.