• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need insight on CZ 75

robin.kevin

OK so here is where I am at... I started looking at 1911's and Hi Powers in 9mm... since then my eye has been drawn to SIGs which from what I read have almost bullet proof reliability. BUT what about CZ pistols? I found this one on Armslist but have a few concerns...

http://www.armslist.com/p/2757?returnurl=/posts/226445/northern-ky-handguns-for-sale--cz75b---9mm

My concerns are as follow:
Are they as reliable as a SIG?
Does the low profile slide make it harder to rack?
How easy are parts to find?
Any type of warranty?
Is this a good price are should I keep looking?

Reason I am interested is they kinda look like a Hi Power and I hear they are good pistols. I don't know... just saw this one posted and it sparked my interest so please give me some insight so I have something to ponder on.

Thanks

MITCH

Need insight on cz 75

I've owned a CZ75-b for several years, plus a CZ 2075 (Rami). Both are excellent handguns and I've put several thousand rounds down range in each with never a problem. Parts are easy to obtain from several sources. Of the 60+ handguns I've owned over the years, I'd rate the CZs' amoung the very best.
Mitch

robin.kevin

60+? sounds like you know firearms... I did just find that I can buy a new one for $483.00 from Buds... so the price is a little under what a new one would cost... think I may be able to do better...

Whats the difference between the CZ and EAA Witness if anyone knows? They appear to be the same pistol, assuming the Witness is a clone of some sorts.

Last edited:

Yard Sale

The EAA Witness is a semi-faithful clone made in Italy by Tanfoglio.

I have owned several Tanfoglios including one of the more faithful clones, a Springfield Armory P9. (It's still going strong after almost two decades and a bazillion rounds of 9mm.) Most parts are not interchangeable. The design has one weakness: the slide stop pin tends to break. I've also broken a couple extractors, but I don't know if genuine CZs do that, too.

Yes, it's more difficult to get a purchase on the slide with the slide-rails-in-frame design leaving less slide exposed to grasp. But it's not a problem. I've used my P9s in USPSA competitions with unloaded starts where you have to grab the gun and chamber a round on the timer. It only becomes a problem with an Open division gun with a scope mount above the slide and a stiff recoil spring.

If you like Hi-Powers you will like CZ-75s/clones.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
While it may look like a hi-power, it neither feels like nor operates like a hi-power. I've practiced with a 9mm hi-power on several occasions, yet my CZ-85B feels like a natural extension of myself, while the hi-power does not. The CZ-85 is an updated version of the CZ-75, and the B simply means it's ambidextrous, which I like, as one never knows when one might have to shoot with either hand.

CZ has a reputation for making reliable guns capable of firing tens of thousands of rounds without a problem. Many have fired over one hundred thousand rounds without incident.

The point isn't to buy a firearm capable of firing such volume, but to buy a firearm capable of firing the next several rounds with very high reliability.

Bottom line, though, find one, shoot it, and if you feel it's a natural extension of yourself, go for it, as you can't go wrong. If not, keep looking.

Asking how it compares to other esoteric makes and models may be a bit of a stretch, though, as one can over-think the gun-buying process the same as they can over-think any process.