• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

US house passes conceal carry bill for inter state travel

SourKraut

..... If we never support less than the ideal, we'd never accomplish anything because nobody will work with us. HR 822, as amended, doesn't take anything away, so what harm in using it as a stepping stone toward something better later?

I'm trying to imagine a Federal law not contained in our Constitution that has offered me more freedom. I can't name any offhand, but there might be one or two.

What excatly are We trying to "accomplish"? thanks-s.K

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Follow the money, the root of all evil.

What exactly are We trying to "accomplish"? thanks-s.K
There is no their there, nor we here.

Some are sheepdogs, some would be elites, some are still playing soldier, some have to teach, some are compensating, some are displacing, some are disrupting and some are just trolling. Guns are the central issue, but the movement is without nucleus and without direction, formless in the void.

Follow the money. Follow the money. Follow the money.

My personal financial adviser called yesterday and we agreed that we are bailing out, dumping European stocks and moving back to a conservative United States based position. Read and understand The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb on The Impact of the Highly Improbable.

Packfanatic

Travel Between states

Granted driving a vehicle is a privelige and having self protection/preservation means is a RIGHT.

Since I can travel from Wi to any state I choose on my driver liscense why not the same for a permission slip? There is no need for the goberment to make a law allowing this. In some states chewing gum on Sunday is a crime, so you can to possibly know every law but common sense comes into play. When they mandate what would happen in this bill it is possibly the first step towards national registration. I am not for that one bit.

I am tired of big goberment telling us how to live.

As for the woman from texas.... vote her out!

amaixner

It's amusing how the only people against this are the "everyone should have mandatory training and guns aren't a right" crowd, and the incorrectly-informed "states' powers" (they call it states rights) crowd. They seem to have completely missed the USSC Heller/McDonald cases, which make this a federal, constitutional, issue now. When states are violating equal protection, and violating the right to bear arms, the federal government is mandated to step in to protect these INDIVIDUAL rights against state level infringement.

This isn't a perfect bill, but it's a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Captain Nemo

CA, IA, MD, MN, NJ, NY are the only states in the union that don't have a right to keep and bear arms provision in their state constitution. The carry of arms is a state issued privilege.