Thread: Governor Malloy appoints new member to the BFPE

Governor Malloy appoints new member to the BFPE

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Peruta
    Notice to all:

Gov. Malloy has made an appointment.

James A. Greer III has been appointed to serve on the Board of Firearm Permit Examiners effective November 10th.

If Mr. Greer is an attorney then the Board can hold hearings twice per month to reduce the backlog.

Only time will tell.

It appears that James A. Greer III is an attorney in New York???
    Thought this deserved a new thread.

I did a search earlier today on this and all I found was CT and NY legal stuff.

Made sense, as with another attorney, either the Chairman doesn't have to be there or they can have extra meetings.

I do have to give them credit, with only one attorney, they did still do a bunch of extra hearings this year. They are all volunteers.

Hopefully, this will help our cause!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Board Regulations

Governor Dannel P. Malloy may have unknowingly contributed to the problems in reducing the appeal backlog at the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners by his appointment of the new member.

The current board regulations state the following:

Sec. 29-32b-2. Chairman

The Chairman of the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners serves as the presiding officer at meetings of the Board at which he is present. However, with respect to hearings of appeals, if said Chairman (1) is not present or (2) is not an attorney authorized to practice law in Connecticut, then a member of the Board who is both present and authorized to practice law in Connecticut shall act as Chairman of the Board during the hearing of an appeal.

(Effective May 1, 1975)

The fact that the newly appointed board member may NOT be "AUTHORIZED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CONNECTICUT" will prevent him from acting a Chairman during any hearings of appeals.

Our current Governor Dannel P. Malloy or his staff, could have found and appointed an attorney authorized to practice law in Connecticut who could have shared the authority to Chair additional hearings with Attorney Corradino. In the recent past, the board had two attorneys authorized to practice law in CT and made great strides in reducing the backlog.

Only time will tell how this plays out.

But the current research reveals that the new appointment may only continue the problem of holding more hearings to reduce the current backlog.

My hat is off to Chairman/Attorney Joseph Corradino, Secretary T. William Knapp and the other members of the board for their attempts to reduce the current backlog.

Much has changed since 2007.

Last edited by Edward Peruta; 11-24-2011 at 07:44 AM.

When I found this out, I was not shocked. I had hopes, but not shocked.

I don't know if unknowingly applies, our Governor is a sneaky bastard.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.