• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry in Springfield, MO?

Redbaron007

Springfield is OC friendly, for the most part. If it is posted, don't OC.

Battlefield Mall is NOT CCW or OC friendly. The rent-a-cops love to draw attention to those who carry. They will follow you around until the city LEO shows up, then they will ask you, very forcibly, to leave...ASAP. They will follow you out the door to your car. :cuss:

HYRYSC

Which is quite ironic since there are a good number of entrances to the Battlefield Mall that are not posted.

Meh, doesn't bother me anyway, I do all of my shopping online...with my gun safely tucked on my Serpa on my hip. Funny how none of the online retailers seem to mind:)

Redbaron007

Which is quite ironic since there are a good number of entrances to the Battlefield Mall that are not posted.

Meh, doesn't bother me anyway, I do all of my shopping online...with my gun safely tucked on my Serpa on my hip. Funny how none of the online retailers seem to mind:)

It's posted as you drive onto the property, but that doesn't mean anything. The non-posted entrances are directly into the stores; i.e. Macys, JC Penneys, Dillards, Sears. All the general entrances are posted; however some are as noticeable as others.

You not a Glock fan!!?? :lol:

HYRYSC

It's posted as you drive onto the property, but that doesn't mean anything. The non-posted entrances are directly into the stores; i.e. Macys, JC Penneys, Dillards, Sears. All the general entrances are posted; however some are as noticeable as others.

You not a Glock fan!!?? :lol:

Are you certain that its posted on all the road entrances? I entered there one time (to pick my wife up) off of Sunset by that japanese steakhouse and I was looking for a sign but did not see one at all.

Course, that was last Christmas season, so its been a while now.

Redbaron007

Are you certain that its posted on all the road entrances? I entered there one time (to pick my wife up) off of Sunset by that japanese steakhouse and I was looking for a sign but did not see one at all.

Course, that was last Christmas season, so its been a while now.

There are signs as you drive onto the property that firearms are prohibited on the property. If you don't pay attention, I mean you really have to watch for it, you blow by them in a heartbeat.

Are you speaking of Nakato's or HuHut by Macy's. Most of the walkin entrances are posted with the legal sign and sometimes the sign with a gun with a slash across it to help emphasize their stance. However, the big stores don't prohibit it.

When I inquired, I was told it was the stores that leased that space and they could prohibit the carrying in their store (none prohibit, to my knowledge), but in the mall common areas, the mall management controlled that area. I guess that begs the question, if the store doesn't have an exterior entrance, does the mall have the legal stance to prohibit a CCWer from entering the building common area, traveling to and back from a business that allows CCW? I have never gone that far in the thinking. It is private property. hmmmm....

ecocks

I'll be visiting the area for the Christmas season. Anything to know about in the Sparta area regarding businesses or LEO's?

Redbaron007

I don't know about Sparta, but Ozark/Nixa are not OC friendly. Christian County is ok. I haven't researched the regulations in Ozark/Nixe recently, but I thought one of them were changing to allow OC, but only with a CCW. So I strongly encourage reviewing Sullivan site to see what has transpired. My personal LEA experience with these two cities makes me very cautious with them.