Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MO DMV "Official" Don't Tred on Me" License plate!

MO DMV "Official" Don't Tred on Me" License plate!

I can't believe they actually did this!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

That sucks..Needs to be in Big Letters....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    That sucks..Needs to be in Big Letters....
    A little snake action wouldn't hurt either!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

This looks like an attempt to see how little effort they could put into the design. I was planning to get one, but I expected it to be yellow with the coiled snake on it somewhere. I won't waste the money on this garbage.
    Last edited by Morpheus97; 11-19-2011 at 09:34 PM.

We should all write the DOR and complain royally.

Mo dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    We should all write the DOR and complain royally.
    Here is the email address for Missouri DMV
    dormail@dor.mo.gov

Please ad your opinion, I gave them mine.

I gave them mine also,,james

Just sent my email!

Seriously? Now THIS is how to make a proper Gadsden plate:

It's funny that Missouri is issuing the plates. Doesn't the MIAC report categorize anyone displaying the phrase as a possible domestic terrorist?

email sent

Email sent.

I like Texas's plate.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Seriously? Now THIS is how to make a proper Gadsden plate:

Yep!

This one really rocks!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Problem is Liberal St.Louis and KC would say it screams racism! Also probably why we didn't get a fitting design.

Problem is Liberal St.Louis and KC would say it screams racism! Also probably why we didn't get a fitting design.
    Well, maybe now soem folks will understand why electing a pro-2A Secretary of State is inportant, we don't have one here in Missouri and that's who "approved" the
    stupid plate! Vote smart, or we get more stupidity!

Sweet! A grass roots effort.

email sent.

I ordered one.....hopefully that isn't what I'll get. I have my fingers crossed that the DMV/DOR's site hasn't been updated with the proper picture of the plate. I noticed the small change from "The Show-Me State" to "Don't Tread on Me" too, but I'm waiting to see what I'll get when they come in. I tried calling Jeff City today to inquire about the plate, but I was caller #23 in line.......#18 after 30 minutes

BTW, anyone actually seen one in person yet? I thought they were supposed to look something like this - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YRIE4GxIIH...00/MO-DTOM.jpg
    Last edited by wow6599; 11-23-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”

- Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by wow6599 View Post
    I ordered one.....hopefully that isn't what I'll get. I have my fingers crossed that the DMV/DOR's site hasn't been updated with the proper picture of the plate. I noticed the small change from "The Show-Me State" to "Don't Tread on Me" too, but I'm waiting to see what I'll get when they come in. I tried calling Jeff City today to inquire about the plate, but I was caller #23 in line.......#18 after 30 minutes

BTW, anyone actually seen one in person yet? I thought they were supposed to look something like this - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YRIE4GxIIH...00/MO-DTOM.jpg
    We hoped they would like that that! The plate is what you see on the DVM web site, you may be one of the few who gets one. As badly as i wanted one, that is not what "we" expected. It was approved by the secretary of State, we got what we elected.... This will change next year! Just goes to show you how importatnt the positon is.... We've been took!

As far as chaning the plate goes, I have no idea if that can happen, if it can, I hope it will, then I'd buy in.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    We hoped they would like that that! The plate is what you see on the DVM web site, you may be one of the few who gets one. As badly as i wanted one, that is not what "we" expected. It was approved by the secretary of State, we got what we elected.... This will change next year! Just goes to show you how importatnt the positon is.... We've been took!

As far as chaning the plate goes, I have no idea if that can happen, if it can, I hope it will, then I'd buy in.
    If it looks like the plate on the DMV's site, I'm not taking it. I'll post what I get from them. I didn't have to pay for the plate, so if it's not a real Gadsden type plate...they can keep it.
    Like I posted earlier, fingers crossed that it's a bad picture on the DMV's site.
    “A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”

- Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by wow6599 View Post
    If it looks like the plate on the DMV's site, I'm not taking it. I'll post what I get from them. I didn't have to pay for the plate, so if it's not a real Gadsden type plate...they can keep it.
    Like I posted earlier, fingers crossed that it's a bad picture on the DMV's site.
    Sorry to tell you it is not the Gadsden plate - BUT if it is....... But it's not.

anyone get a response back, yet? they seem to be ignoring my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    anyone get a response back, yet? they seem to be ignoring my email.
    I don't think they are going to respond to any of our emails....... Hint=VOTE!

I doubt like MSP said we'll get a response. They probably don't care.
    Last edited by Tony4310; 11-24-2011 at 12:26 PM.

I doubt like MSP said we'll get a response. They probably don't care.
    They are with the "government", they are here to help us!

I haven't received a response and honestly don't expect one. They heard from me on this issue and will hear from me again on the next election.

It seems that, in the approval, design, acceptance, and offering of this specialty plate, the "powers that be" have intentionally adhered to the bare minimum in order to meet the literal definition of the program. They have legally fulfilled their requirement to the word.

They know what was intended, and what was desired, and have intentionally failed at providing it while still maintaining adherence to the letter of the law.

Therefore, when it comes to "Don't Tread On Me" plates....

....We've been tread upon.

Somewhere, a liberal progressive government hack is laughing.

I've thought of several ideas to rectify this unsatisfactory situation. I've thoroughly read the Revised Missouri Statutes concerning the Dept. of Revenue and licence plates and have several ideas:

1) RsMO says the standards for plates must be "Reflective Surface Coating", "Common Color Scheme" and "Aesthetically Pleasing Appearance". What would be wrong with applying for these specialty plates, and when they arive, painting your own (similar to the example in the link) as long as it has the right number and meets the guidelines above? I haven't found anywhere in the RsMO statutes that says the Dept. of Revenue HAS to be the sole provider. (It may be there, and I just can't find it. Little help? Someone else want to check?)

2) I also can't seem to find any law regarding application of labels or stickers to the plate's surface. (Other that it MUST have a current registration sticker of the appropriate color code.) What would be wrong with putting a Yellow Gadsden "Coiled Snake" sticker next to the numbers? Would this be within the perameters of the law?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast