• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

suggestions on carry gun.

Sorcice

I am thinking my full size .40 px4 storm is a bit big for concealed carry. I love it but am thinking I may invest in a LCR or sig p250 if I can get it in a 40. was thinking sig 2022 as well but wouldn't help the size factor. Anyone have experience carrying a larger gun somewhere beside shoulder under a jacket or strapped to ankle? I don't have the cash for a second gun right away and would like to begin carry as soon as i get my Lic in the mail. Under the jacket is all well and fine until summer hits..

http://www.px4storm.com/default_us.aspx

360 rotatable image.
http://www.px4storm.com/px4.aspx

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I am thinking my full size .40 px4 storm is a bit big for concealed carry. I love it but am thinking I may invest in a LCR or sig p250 if I can get it in a 40. was thinking sig 2022 as well but wouldn't help the size factor. Anyone have experience carrying a larger gun somewhere beside shoulder under a jacket or strapped to ankle? I don't have the cash for a second gun right away and would like to begin carry as soon as i get my Lic in the mail. Under the jacket is all well and fine until summer hits..

http://www.px4storm.com/default_us.aspx

360 rotatable image.
http://www.px4storm.com/px4.aspx

I can carry my HK USPc or my full sized 1911 concealed with an IWB holster with no jacket. I can tuck in or leave my shirt un tucked. Location (about 3:30 for me) and a forward cant (helps hide the back of the grip) are key. For an OWB and jacket or un tucked shirt, a holster that rides high and tight with a forward cant probably works the best.

Shear fabrics are the hardest and should be avoided. Obviously, skin tight stuff should not be worn either.

There's almost never a need to carry a mouse gun. Not that your examples totally fit that category.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I can carry my HK USPc or my full sized 1911 concealed with an IWB holster with no jacket. I can tuck in or leave my shirt un tucked. Location (about 3:30 for me) and a forward cant (helps hide the back of the grip) are key. For an OWB and jacket or un tucked shirt, a holster that rides high and tight with a forward cant probably works the best.

Shear fabrics are the hardest and should be avoided. Obviously, skin tight stuff should not be worn either.

There's almost never a need to carry a mouse gun. Not that your examples totally fit that category.

I am pretty much the same. I am tall and skinny and can also conceal a full-size pistol with ease. A good IWB holster that breaks up the profile of the pistol is helpful. There are many, many good IWB holsters put there: Crossbreed Supertuck, Cleveland's Ugly Holster and the galco King-Tuk just to name a few.

Last edited:

Sorcice

I am pretty much the same. I am tall and skinny and can also conceal a full-size pistol with ease. A good IWB holster that breaks up the profile of the pistol is helpful. There are many, many good IWB holsters put there: Crossbreed Supertuck, Cleveland's Ugly Holster and the galco King-Tuk just to name a few.

I'm not skinny hah. so anything bulge wise wont easily be covered by a shirt just draping over it. i could go with a under/overshirt combo i guess..hmm

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

Haven't seen that. Might be OK.

You could try out a Cleveland "Ugly Holster" like SD suggested as the price is right for experimentation. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck which is similar but more expensive.

Anyway, if you have a beer gut but not a complete muffin top you should find you can position a holster and CCW just behind your hip. If the tire goes all the way around you may have trouble.

kawisixer01

I'll be carrying my sig p250 sub if my damn lic ever gets here. (check cashed this time last week, but still no card). Also looking at maybe getting a walther pps, but they are pretty pricey so waiting for a good deal before i pick one up. I have a clevelands holster for my p250. I'm still trying to find a comfortable natural feeling place to wear it. I'm 165 lbs and have about a 31-32 waist so I have a difficult time getting something that flat and wide to settle in somewhere comfortable.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Anyone have experience carrying a larger gun somewhere beside shoulder under a jacket or strapped to ankle?
LOL See Ol' Gimp over there? He's really an Olympic gymnasty but insists on carrying his 1911 in an ankle holster.

The elite trainers of CQB will caution that a shoulder rig allows muzzle sweep. When my IWB failed, and pizzed me off, I carried Mexican style for a long time without issue. My instructor demonstrated use of a loop of string for additional Mexican style security, making effectively a minimalist 'holster'.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Pfft. I'm 4 inches shorter and only 10 pounds lighter.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Same here. Except when wearing anything like Under Armour or other tight fitting clothes, I have no problem carrying a 1911 without printing. I normally carry about 4 to 5 o'clock IWB, and I forget it there half the time.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I have no problem carrying a 1911 without printing. ... and I forget it there half the time.
What is the issue with "printing", especially in Wisconsin where open carry is legal and accepted? Worse, why carry in any way causing/allowing you to "forget it there half the time"?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
button up shirt with the buttons undone - 3 o' clock OWB. I've carried 1911s, and other service size pistols, and a couple compacts. I have no interest in carrying a sub-compact firearm in the name of concealement.