Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: New to forum and Co

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lakewood Co
    Posts
    4

    New to forum and Co

    Hello everyone names Raymond moved here from Tn in april had my cc there and got it here as well. Was bummed that my Tn covered 37 states and co only 23 hope that changes. So I have read do not oc in Denver. I live in lakewood (belmar area) can we (me and wife) open carry in lakewood? I work in Denver so I just conceal it anytime Im in city limits but I know how those city lines can get blurred by some officers. Just want to keep them from harassing us.

  2. #2
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Welcome to the forum!

    Open your mind, fasten your seatbelt, and enjoy the "ride"!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  3. #3
    Regular Member Gunslinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Free, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    3,855
    Welcome to the forum! CO CCW is recognized in 32 states, not 23. OC is lawful everywhere in the state except Denver County. A CCW or carrying a loaded concealed or open handgun in a car is lawful everywhere, including Denver County. Enjoy our beautiful state and your 2nd Amendment rights!
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

  4. #4
    Regular Member JamesB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond0609 View Post
    Hello everyone names Raymond moved here from Tn in april had my cc there and got it here as well. Was bummed that my Tn covered 37 states and co only 23 hope that changes. So I have read do not oc in Denver. I live in lakewood (belmar area) can we (me and wife) open carry in lakewood? I work in Denver so I just conceal it anytime Im in city limits but I know how those city lines can get blurred by some officers. Just want to keep them from harassing us.
    Lakewood OC is fine. Belmar is too. (although there may be one here who disagrees...) Anywhere outside of Denver.

    I have carried almost everywhere there in Belmar without a hassle. (Target, Dicks, Best Buy, Verizon, both craft stores, Cold Stone, the Liberary...)

  5. #5
    Regular Member Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East of Aurora, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    672
    Welcome to CO and to the forum. Along with OC not being allowed in Denver I believe Denver controls other areas outside of Denver county that also make OC there illegal. I've heard that Winter Park is one of these but do not know for sure.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    http://www.ColoradoGunOwners.com

    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

    Colorado Firearm law.
    http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/colorado/
    Lexis Nexis: Colorado law pertaining to firearms.
    Title 18, Article 12

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lakewood Co
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gab Morgan View Post
    I'm new here and i just want you to know about my troublesome on holographic security label...you know why because this is my first time to hear this word..lol
    And what does this have to do with anything I posted?

  7. #7
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond0609 View Post
    And what does this have to do with anything I posted?
    Spam...
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Shooter McGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rollinsville, CO
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau View Post
    Welcome to CO and to the forum. Along with OC not being allowed in Denver I believe Denver controls other areas outside of Denver county that also make OC there illegal. I've heard that Winter Park is one of these but do not know for sure.
    yeah, the denver mountain park system is considered to be denver soil. so when you are at these places treat it as you would if you were in denver county and carry yourself accordingly. here is a link to the denver mountain park system. http://denvermountainparks.org/. my god i hate denver. i have been in colorado for 8 years at 9,000 ft the entire time and in those 8 years i have been to denver only 1 time and i consider it 1 time too many.
    Last edited by Shooter McGee; 11-21-2011 at 02:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    36
    JamesB plz check your inbox ...thnx ..

    *hijack over*

  10. #10
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Question: is the Denver appeals court ruling being take to the Colorado State Supreme Court?

    I know here in WA the state legislature rewrote and fought it court 4 times before their preemption statute was held up against Seattle?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •