• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to forum and Co

Raymond0609

Hello everyone names Raymond moved here from Tn in april had my cc there and got it here as well. Was bummed that my Tn covered 37 states and co only 23 hope that changes. So I have read do not oc in Denver. I live in lakewood (belmar area) can we (me and wife) open carry in lakewood? I work in Denver so I just conceal it anytime Im in city limits but I know how those city lines can get blurred by some officers. Just want to keep them from harassing us.:monkey

Gunslinger

Welcome to the forum! CO CCW is recognized in 32 states, not 23. OC is lawful everywhere in the state except Denver County. A CCW or carrying a loaded concealed or open handgun in a car is lawful everywhere, including Denver County. Enjoy our beautiful state and your 2nd Amendment rights!

JamesB

Hello everyone names Raymond moved here from Tn in april had my cc there and got it here as well. Was bummed that my Tn covered 37 states and co only 23 hope that changes. So I have read do not oc in Denver. I live in lakewood (belmar area) can we (me and wife) open carry in lakewood? I work in Denver so I just conceal it anytime Im in city limits but I know how those city lines can get blurred by some officers. Just want to keep them from harassing us.:monkey

Lakewood OC is fine. Belmar is too. (although there may be one here who disagrees...) Anywhere outside of Denver.

I have carried almost everywhere there in Belmar without a hassle. (Target, Dicks, Best Buy, Verizon, both craft stores, Cold Stone, the Liberary...)

Beau

Welcome to CO and to the forum. Along with OC not being allowed in Denver I believe Denver controls other areas outside of Denver county that also make OC there illegal. I've heard that Winter Park is one of these but do not know for sure.

Shooter McGee

Welcome to CO and to the forum. Along with OC not being allowed in Denver I believe Denver controls other areas outside of Denver county that also make OC there illegal. I've heard that Winter Park is one of these but do not know for sure.

yeah, the denver mountain park system is considered to be denver soil. so when you are at these places treat it as you would if you were in denver county and carry yourself accordingly. here is a link to the denver mountain park system. http://denvermountainparks.org/. my god i hate denver. i have been in colorado for 8 years at 9,000 ft the entire time and in those 8 years i have been to denver only 1 time and i consider it 1 time too many.

Last edited:

hermannr

Question: is the Denver appeals court ruling being take to the Colorado State Supreme Court?

I know here in WA the state legislature rewrote and fought it court 4 times before their preemption statute was held up against Seattle?