Thread: D.A. Reviews Case Of OFF DUTY COP Shooting At Southridge Charges Expected Friday

Herr Heckler Koch

D.A. Reviews Case Of OFF DUTY COP Shooting At Southridge Charges Expected Friday

http://www.wisn.com/news/29800796/detail.html The Milwaukee County district attorney told 12 News that their office is reviewing the case against a Milwaukee police officer whose gun fired inside Southridge Mall.

Campaign Veteran
    Now it fell to the floor again, hey? They should press charges against him for changing the story so many times. Obviously someone is lying. "It fell" :It didn't fall" "It was in his pocket" "It was in his waistband".........

Regardless, it went off, and it was negligent.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusToter View Post
    Regardless, it went off, and it was negligent.
    Agreed. If this was anybody else we would have been hauled off and charged with everything under the sun. The antis would be screaming at the top of their lungs. This is obviously negligence and as such a slap on the hand should not cut it. It is good to see that they are at least looking at charges.

Is the mall posted?

I am sure the department would not state he was on-duty, especially carrying is such an unsafe manor.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    Is the mall posted?

I am sure the department would not state he was on-duty, especially carrying is such an unsafe manor.
    He had better not have been on duty. He is a Milwaukee cop in a Greendale mall. If he was on duty, that would explain the Milwaukee crime rates and slow response time. He was turned over from the Greendale police to the Milwaukee police for "review of proper safety protocol.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/covering-w...133188183.html
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Is the mall posted?

I don't know if the mall is posted, but their policy is no weapons of any kind.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    funny thing is any weapon he would have been carrying would be a "Modern weapon"........this being said it "falling to the floor" and discharging is total horse doo doo. a modern gun....even 1980's versions such as the beretta 92SB compact have a firing pin block........meaning he DID touch the boom boom switch with this booger picker.........this guy needs to be stripped of his badge. charged and bought a nice new fangled do-dad called a HOLSTER........also need to apologize to the people of the mall for lying and not knowing how to safely carry a weapon.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    meaning he DID touch the boom boom switch with this booger picker.
    I see you took a Yellow Cat course.

#1. we need to have an ORR done to find out what type of gun it was. That way we can hold him up to public ridicule.

#2. Lets 'Occupy the DAs office'...granted its going to be getting cold. I may have to break out my Thinsulate lined burqa....

Is the mall posted?

I got my haircut there a few months ago and they had a notice up but not one of the official signs.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I heard this guy is a special investigator. He investigates reports of cops doing bad things.

Also Yellow Cat's quote is "booger finger on boom stick" or OFF stick as the situation dictates
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 11-18-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

I foresee a big fat slap on the hands coming over this one. Poor guy- I'm sure he'll learn his lesson.
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Southridge Mall has not posted as of 11/20/11

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I don't know if the mall is posted, but their policy is no weapons of any kind.
    Protias. You are correct. I am not sure if they are going to actually post since their Rules of Conduct is posted at every mall entrance. How many people actullay looks at their rules?? My guess would be around 1 our of every 100 people may read them, and they most likley read them while having a cigarette.
    Member of:

Wisconsin Carry, Inc
    National Rifle Association
    Gun Owners of America
    Knife Rights
    United States Conceal Carry Association

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    I see you took a Yellow Cat course.
    Nah, variants of that phrase are very common when teaching safety classes and while Monday morning quarterbacking negligent discharges.

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    Nah, variants of that phrase are very common when teaching safety classes and while Monday morning quarterbacking negligent discharges.
    If you are carrying without a holster and your story continues to change on what events happened, plus you put your finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be, that's pretty negligent. I have no idea how anyone can defend that, especially from a "highly trained" professional.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you are carrying without a holster and your story continues to change on what events happened, plus you put your finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be, that's pretty negligent. I have no idea how anyone can defend that, especially from a "highly trained" professional.
    Defend what? I never said we were wrong, bad, or anything like that for analyzing a ND. Does "Monday morning quarterbacking" have a negative connotation? I was just stating that the booger-hook phrase comes up all over the place.

If he is not charged, then the rest of us have the green light to go to southridge and duplicate his masterful feat. It is clear then that we won't be charged. Yep, just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by amaixner View Post
    Defend what? I never said we were wrong, bad, or anything like that for analyzing a ND. Does "Monday morning quarterbacking" have a negative connotation? I was just stating that the booger-hook phrase comes up all over the place.
    I understood what you were saying. I only heard it in a few places so I didn't realize how popular it was.

But back to the subject anybody know what the status is on this? Did they file charges? If so which ones?