• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

D.A. Reviews Case Of OFF DUTY COP Shooting At Southridge Charges Expected Friday

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Now it fell to the floor again, hey? They should press charges against him for changing the story so many times. Obviously someone is lying. "It fell" :It didn't fall" "It was in his pocket" "It was in his waistband".........

Regardless, it went off, and it was negligent.

Cobra469

Regardless, it went off, and it was negligent.

Agreed. If this was anybody else we would have been hauled off and charged with everything under the sun. The antis would be screaming at the top of their lungs. This is obviously negligence and as such a slap on the hand should not cut it. It is good to see that they are at least looking at charges.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Is the mall posted?

I am sure the department would not state he was on-duty, especially carrying is such an unsafe manor.

He had better not have been on duty. He is a Milwaukee cop in a Greendale mall. If he was on duty, that would explain the Milwaukee crime rates and slow response time. He was turned over from the Greendale police to the Milwaukee police for "review of proper safety protocol.

http://www.nbc26.com/news/covering-wisconsin/133188183.html

protias

Is the mall posted?

I am sure the department would not state he was on-duty, especially carrying is such an unsafe manor.

I don't know if the mall is posted, but their policy is no weapons of any kind.

carry for myself

funny thing is any weapon he would have been carrying would be a "Modern weapon"........this being said it "falling to the floor" and discharging is total horse doo doo. a modern gun....even 1980's versions such as the beretta 92SB compact have a firing pin block........meaning he DID touch the boom boom switch with this booger picker.........this guy needs to be stripped of his badge. charged and bought a nice new fangled do-dad called a HOLSTER........also need to apologize to the people of the mall for lying and not knowing how to safely carry a weapon.

GlockRDH

#1. we need to have an ORR done to find out what type of gun it was. That way we can hold him up to public ridicule.

#2. Lets 'Occupy the DAs office'...granted its going to be getting cold. I may have to break out my Thinsulate lined burqa....

bigdaddy1

I heard this guy is a special investigator. He investigates reports of cops doing bad things. :banghead::banghead::cuss::banghead::banghead:

Also Yellow Cat's quote is "booger finger on boom stick" or OFF stick as the situation dictates

Last edited:

dmworken

Southridge Mall has not posted as of 11/20/11

I don't know if the mall is posted, but their policy is no weapons of any kind.

Protias. You are correct. I am not sure if they are going to actually post since their Rules of Conduct is posted at every mall entrance. How many people actullay looks at their rules?? My guess would be around 1 our of every 100 people may read them, and they most likley read them while having a cigarette.

protias

Nah, variants of that phrase are very common when teaching safety classes and while Monday morning quarterbacking negligent discharges.

If you are carrying without a holster and your story continues to change on what events happened, plus you put your finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be, that's pretty negligent. I have no idea how anyone can defend that, especially from a "highly trained" professional.

amaixner

If you are carrying without a holster and your story continues to change on what events happened, plus you put your finger on the trigger when it shouldn't be, that's pretty negligent. I have no idea how anyone can defend that, especially from a "highly trained" professional.

Defend what? I never said we were wrong, bad, or anything like that for analyzing a ND. Does "Monday morning quarterbacking" have a negative connotation? I was just stating that the booger-hook phrase comes up all over the place.

smithman

If he is not charged, then the rest of us have the green light to go to southridge and duplicate his masterful feat. It is clear then that we won't be charged. Yep, just like that.

Cobra469

Defend what? I never said we were wrong, bad, or anything like that for analyzing a ND. Does "Monday morning quarterbacking" have a negative connotation? I was just stating that the booger-hook phrase comes up all over the place.

I understood what you were saying. I only heard it in a few places so I didn't realize how popular it was. :)

But back to the subject anybody know what the status is on this? Did they file charges? If so which ones?