• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official, MKEGal charged with 941.23

protias

Did you know crows are really smart birds? They figure out puzzles.

Yes. They are actually preferred over pigeons to deliver messages in the military. I also know it is almost impossible to capture them. ;)

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
And don't do that to a perfectly nice crow. :D
Did you know crows are really smart birds? They figure out puzzles.

If they were so smart they wouldn't wake up and pi$$ of yours truly, the owner of at least one shotgun.

Friggen noise makin', owl chasin' crows

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lord Sega

Best wishes on this

Oregon donation sent, had to send cash, PayPal would not take a turkey.

Hope you are adjusting to the outside after your time in the slammer.

Best wishes on fighting this apparent contempt of cop charge.

Sounds like the new law as written needs clarification.

(3) the weapon is concealed, or hidden from ordinary view - meaning it is indiscernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.”
190 Wis.2d 65 (1994)

The way I carry in my car, is the same as I walk around... I just keep it in my holster on my right hip. This makes it discernible from the immediate vicinity of the vehicle if you look in from the passenger side, but due to my Mt. Dew gut, not so discernible from the driver's side. So who decides from where it is discernible or not?!?

Also, there are several threads about MKEgal's arrest, can I assume that this is the new primary thread to follow for the current updates?

Last edited:

amaixner

How about a fundraiser raffle? $10-$25 a ticket for some sort of firearm. The firearm could be donated or perhaps bought at cost from a friendly local shop.

How about this: the trial is your raffle, and the prize is a good verdict for MKEgal and a good statewide precedent set saying you can OC in your car. I'll take that over wining a gun any day. Everyone wins or everyone looses, and it's happening now. Paypal your entry to MKEgal.

TyGuy

I am Tyler, but I am not the one that tried to bail you out. I am too far away.

I was on another site. Someone there put together a raffle for a RRA Ar-15, got the tickets, and drew a winner in less than two weeks. They raised $1,300 for a baby that needs medical care. Just saying is all.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin Statute Chapter 563 Bingo and Raffle Control, 563.90 Qualified organization

Specifically Wisconsin Statute Chapter 563 Bingo and Raffle Control

563.90 Qualified organizations. Any local religious, charitable,
service, fraternal or veterans organization or any organization
to which contributions are deductible for federal income tax
purposes or state income or franchise tax purposes, which has
been in existence for one year immediately preceding its application
for a license or which is chartered by a state or national organization
which has been in existence for at least 3 years, may conduct
a raffle upon receiving a license for the raffle event from the
department. No other person may conduct a raffle in this state.

Baked on Grease

563.90 Qualified organizations. Any local religious, charitable,
service, fraternal or veterans organization or any organization
to which contributions are deductible for federal income tax
purposes or state income or franchise tax purposes, which has
been in existence for one year immediately preceding its application
for a license or which is chartered by a state or national organization
which has been in existence for at least 3 years, may conduct
a raffle upon receiving a license for the raffle event from the
department. No other person may conduct a raffle in this state.

So form a LLC wait a year and start raffling I geuss?

[everyday I'm rafflin] cue techno beat...

Sent using tapatalk

Sent my small donation along via Pay-Pal. Hope it helps crack their skulls and leads to a bigger lawsuit and cash settlement for false arrest.

Good luck from the Sho-Me state.

PQ36

TyGuy:
Also, isn't it lovely that the police can hassle, arrest, jail you for hours, release you, and THEN decide what law you broke? What was their RAS to start with? Where's the 4th Ammendment here?

Was just saying same thing to my wife earlier today. How convenient? Anyone know if this existed pre-"patriot act", or if it a product of such? If they can't make a clean bust, right then and there, then it should not happen at all. (yes, I know, reality check)

Law abider:
I was just reading Van Hollen's 2009 advisory memo and in my opinion it is speaking out of both siders of the mouth. Maybe this is also what they are looking at. Maybe this court case will clear up the smoke hanging over weather we can OC in the car now if the CC rulings have made that possible. Remember leos ( most of them) don't want us to open carry. Will send donation by paypal.

Remember LEO's, (most of them) don't want any of us to be armed at all, ever, no-how. Some are "cool", but I've met more of the opposite. Perhaps a product of city dwelling vs country life.

Think of it,... we have a whole generation of law enforcement that has literally grown up watching the TV unReality show (aka: conditioning tool) called "COPS". Is it any wonder? (true, the agenda pre-dates the show)

TyGuy:
Can you tell me the section # where you see the definition of concealed, I still do not. :-(

AFAIK, they leave it very gray (like "very mediocre"!? Can that be?) so as to fashion as needed. If it is/was drugs, they could see it per plain view doctrine. If it is/was an openly carried handgun, they "couldn't" see it, per plain view doctrine.

I guess you could say that it all depends on how you look at it. :uhoh::banghead::eek:

Regardless of affiliation (NRA/GOA/JPFO/WCI/....ETC), support the cause to help get things sorted properly. If you are an actual citizen, remember, the branch you are sitting on is the same branch you are sawing off if you condone tyranny. We all share the consequences, good or bad.

saw_branch_colsmall.jpg

Thanks to all for tuning in! Good night.

Last edited:

KBCraig

Specifically Wisconsin Statute Chapter 563 Bingo and Raffle Control
That applies in Wisconsin. This, however, is the internet.

For instance:
I was on another site. Someone there put together a raffle for a RRA Ar-15, got the tickets, and drew a winner in less than two weeks. They raised $1,300 for a baby that needs medical care. Just saying is all.

If someone wants to do that, they should just do that. Find a friendly FFL who will discount the gun and ship it to the winner's local FFL, print up some tickets (or do the online equivalent, via email receipts), and take their own risks based on their own local law (and federal laws, since there might be interestate commerce involved).

No organization required at all.

But personally, I'm just sending money straight to MKEgal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Rules consideration

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Agree also that they most efficient method of getting needed support to MKEgal is the direct approach.

Either use PayPal

or send it to Krysta c/o her attorney, check made out to Krysta Sutterfield.

Krysta Sutterfield
c/o Mastantuono Law Office
817 N Marshall St.
Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Out of curiosity, what would be the possibility of getting the legislature involved? Would the legislator who sponsored the bill be able to clarify their intent, even if only in a letter? Would there be any weight on this to the court if he did so?

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Out of curiosity, what would be the possibility of getting the legislature involved? Would the legislator who sponsored the bill be able to clarify their intent, even if only in a letter? Would there be any weight on this to the court if he did so?

Would be nice, and might even work, however the odds of it happening by this coming Tuesday are between slim and none, unfortunately.

MKEgal

MAC702 said:
Would the legislator who sponsored the bill be able to clarify their intent, even if only in a letter?
Senator Pam Galloway was the major sponsor of our new cc law.
Several people have been in touch with her office, asking for such a statement, & asking her to demand a response from our AG... since the law was made we've seen that this could happen, so various people have been asking (through their legislators as well as Sen. Galloway's office) that the AG clearly say that the new law, written by the legislature, superceded old case law (decisions by judges).

IMHO further nudging could be helpful, but don't overdo it.
DO continue asking the NRA-ILA to get involved. This is a precident-setting case.
And folks, it's going to be cheaper to fund this defense & get it taken care of now than it will be to do this over & over across the state each time a local LEO or DA doesn't believe Act 35 means what it says.

600 people giving $10 each would cover the expenses so far.
Please circulate the email & donation link to people who can help.