• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official, MKEGal charged with 941.23

Lord Sega

WHOOT! from Oregon.

Nice to see the system work occasionally.

In his closing argument, Assistant District Attorney Stephan Nolten pointed out that Sutterfield testified that it's generally safer when people know about the presence of gun, yet said she felt it would "escalate" matters had she volunteered that fact outside the coffee shop. She didn't tell Dolkiewicz about her gun, Nolten said, because she knew it was concealed, and she gambled the officers would just leave.

So... he says you were hiding it hoping the LEOs would leave.
If that was the case, why on earth would you uncover while they were away running your license.
I don't see the logic in that argument, and apparently the jury saw through it in 30 minutes as well.

Congratz on a well fought fight.

PS...

Milwaukee police officer Cassandra Benitez testified that when she first looked into Sutterfield's car from the passenger side with a flashlight, she did not notice the 9mm Glock on Sutterfield's hip, despite being extra alert to a possible weapon after seeing a National Rifle Association cap on the back seat.

Benitez testified that her training told her that the presence of NRA gear makes it more likely the person might have a gun.

So if that was the case, and they were "extra alert" to the possibility of a weapon, why didn't one stay to observe you while the other ran your license?
Or instead of using the computer in the Police vehicle, they could have both stayed and observed you while calling in the license the old fashioned way over their hand held radios.

Last edited:

TyGuy

I now have confusing feelings for Bobba Fett.

When will you get your firearm back?

MKEgal

MAC702 said:
your ILLEGAL restrictions on carrying firearms was immediately removed, yes?
Yes, as soon as the "not guilty" verdict was accepted/recorded/published by the judge.

I would count it a high honor to have you arrested with one of my firearms.
Wait, that didn't come out right...
Well, if you want to send them to me & wait for the next harassment episode, I would consider working them into the carry rotation...
(But seriously, do you want your written on with a Sharpie? The one they showed in court was liberally 'decorated' with silver marker, on the barrel & slide.)

Lord Sega said:
So if that was the case, and they were "extra alert" to the possibility of a weapon, why didn't one stay to observe you while the other ran your license?
Or instead of using the computer in the Police vehicle, they could have both stayed and observed you while calling in the license the old fashioned way over their hand held radios.
Or how about something even simpler...:
She could have said something to her partner about it.
"Hey, partner, there's an NRA hat on the back seat*. Maybe she has a gun. Why don't you ask her, for officer safety?"
But she didn't say a thing about it until writing her report.

And both of them parroted Flynn's line about "if we see someone carrying, we will take the gun away, then decide if they're allowed to have it".
Eerily, almost word for word.

*She repeatedly said it was on the front seat. I believe that's called 'testilying'.

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
(But seriously, do you want your written on with a Sharpie? The one they showed in court was liberally 'decorated' with silver marker, on the barrel & slide.)

Was it your actual firearm they have destroyed or one they use in all gun related cases to "scare" the jury?

I also have a reccomendation regarding the return of your firearm and other property. I read about a Federal case in one of my Criminal Justice classes regarding an incident where a man was found not guilty and the prosecutor was refusing to return his firearm. I can't remember the names on the case, but the judge ruled that the prosecutor had to either return the man's firearm ASAP, or express in writing why he believed he still had grounds to hold the piece. The firearm was returned to the man the following day, so it couldn't do anything but help in your situation. I would Google it for you but I am under time constraints, but I don't believe it would be too difficult to find. Does anyone else know what case I am speaking of? Congratulations and best wishes!

M

McX

"Hey, partner, there's an NRA hat on the back seat*. Maybe she has a gun. Why don't you ask her, for officer safety?"

i guess i would make a lousy cop, if i saw an NRA hat in a car, i'd ask if Uncle Ted was in the car.

XDFDE45

MKEgal I know the PERFECT gun you should wear out next
icon_e_wink.gif

1245A Defender

Wowwie,,,

dear krista,,,
I am soooo happy for you!
I hope you and your legal team go after the bad guy "cops" and get some renumerations...

It seems to me that the cops used the old stand by of,,,
I knew she was concealing a hand gun,,, because I could see it!

I know you will keep us up to date on future details, and I will follow along.

P.S. BTW I am $111.11

Love and best wishes,,, Bob

JoeSparky

Centurion
,,, snip

MKEgal, you've been though hell - sleep well tonight, tomorrow begins the rest of your life. :D
having been through nursing school myself that alone is hell and to ad the prospect of these charges was even more. Glad that you were found "not guilty" as we all felt was the proper outcome. At least since they elected to file charges in order to try to save face.
I don't know if you're going to pursue "other" actions in this matter but I for one would support your actions on this!

We-the-People

CONGRATS FROM OREGON Been following your case and wishing for the proper legal outcome which you sort of got today. I only hope they realize the error of their ways and this is a bigger win than just your verdict....NOT to slight your WIN but in hopes that others won't have to endure the same BS that you've been subjected to.

bigdaddy1

Vindication is great, isnt it?:banana::monkey

Now if we can only get the banana in the Mayors office to focus on crime rather than those that abide by the law.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm late to the party, but CONGRATULATIONS!!:banana:!!:monkey!!

I'm guessing that you had all the pent-up tension flowing out of you when the paper described you as "slumping" as the verdict was read. BTDT.

Remember - "Don't get angry, get even!"

stay safe.

hrdware

What's more to be said, I think everyone has said it already.....Nah...

CONGRATULATIONS!! A great victory for you.

OC for ME

WHOOT! from Oregon.

Nice to see the system work occasionally. <snip>
The system did not work, the jury saw right through the BS. if the system worked MKEgal would have never been arrested in the first place. The cops are part of the system. As usual, the cops are the first indication that the system is broken. The P.A. then enshrines the brokenness in the official, and public record. I like the fact that those two nitwit cops names are now associated with state sanctioned nitwittery.

Billboards with photos of those two would be priceless.