Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official, MKEGal charged with 941.23

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    How about a fundraiser raffle? $10-$25 a ticket for some sort of firearm. The firearm could be donated or perhaps bought at cost from a friendly local shop.
    Raffles can be tricky, sometimes the state lottery starts a fuss...
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Raffles can be tricky, sometimes the state lottery starts a fuss...
    I won a XDM 3.8 through a raffle at my gun club. Tickets were $20 per ticket. Had to go through an FFL for the gun, and had to pay the BG check out of pocket. Was still a heck of a deal (2 tickets at $20 each + $13 BG at my local FFL = $53 for a new XDM)

Don't know about the state lottery making a fuss, but I know that it had to be handled through an FFL
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Sorry to hear about this. I will try and see if I can get a couple dollars together in the next week or two, no promises though. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.
    Last edited by jag06; 11-18-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I had always planned to gothe Public Defender route. Then appeal with a heavy hitter. That is for strictly carry issues like 167.31.

IF I ever are forced to use my handgun, I have a attorney on speed dial. That will be the second call I make before officers arrive. After I give the basic information to dispatcher, denying them a phishing expedition, I will hang up and call an attorney.
    Anyone have any general ideas on who "can" get a PD? All I know about the process is from: http://www.wisspd.org/htm/GenInfo/Qualify.asp

I don't think I'd go with a PD if I didn't "have to". WI typically upholds convictions 90% or so of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teej View Post
    Anyone have any general ideas on who "can" get a PD? All I know about the process is from: http://www.wisspd.org/htm/GenInfo/Qualify.asp

I don't think I'd go with a PD if I didn't "have to". WI typically upholds convictions 90% or so of the time.
    Well, I wanted to go with a lawyer that would do a lowsy job and maybe screw something up, to guarantee I would loose, then appeal with the lawyer that I have on speed dial. That was to challenge 167.31. I OC'd in my vehicle for a year before Act 35 went into effect. Act 35 changed 167.31, so that whole idea is out. I would love to be in Krysta's shoes right now. I could do 9 months easy on Huber. While the appeal is filed.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 11-18-2011 at 11:57 PM.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar
    How about a fundraiser raffle? $10-$25 a ticket for some sort of firearm. The firearm could be donated or perhaps bought at cost from a friendly local shop.
    Think that she needs more immediate relief right now.

Raffles and such take time to set up and one must be aware of all applicable laws regarding such - gaming laws etc.

Not a bad idea though. Are you volunteering?
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Raffles and such take time to set up and one must be aware of all applicable laws regarding such - gaming laws etc.
    Specifically Wisconsin Statute Chapter 563 Bingo and Raffle Control

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. Support opposing this sort of travesty transcends state boundaries.

Donation to legal fund sent.
    You are welcome ATM. This isn't just a WI issue, but something every state can look to to get their laws changed. When I was in IN last year, I was think they would eventually go Constitutional Carry since you just need to pay your tax to carry and pretty much carry everywhere. I don't know exactly how the politics are there (I know employers could no longer prohibit firearms in a locked vehicle anymore), but you too can improve.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

There's a limit to what I can say w/o Rebecca creating new bodily orifices for me...
    (Ask McX.)

THANK YOU all for the support, emotional & monetary. (And in one case, turkey. You know who you are. Almost didn't fit in the fridge! Hope you're feeling better.)
    Obviously more of both is going to be needed. (Not turkey. This one will last a while.)

Several specific thanks:
    Paul for giving me hope. I was on the phone w/ him as it was going down, so I knew I'd eventually be rescued.
    Tyler who tried to bail me out. I don't know if we've even met! (I remember faces better than names.)
    Dave (e6chevron) who actually did badger them into releasing me Sat. afternoon (his birthday!), then drove me various places until I got my car back. Plus he lent me hundreds of dollars, which I should be able to pay back very soon w/ donations.

Quote Originally Posted by protias
    While I do think the NRA should get involved, especially for one of their trainers, I'll hold my breath and eat my crow if they help.
    Since this is a precedent-setting case, affecting the whole state, we're hopeful.
    And don't do that to a perfectly nice crow.
    Did you know crows are really smart birds? They figure out puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by Walls
    (3) the weapon is concealed, or hidden from ordinary view - meaning it is indiscernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.”
    190 Wis.2d 65 (1994)
    Talk with Dave as to whether this applies. Or those of you who have seen my car can make an educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu
    How the heck can a person be charged with *concealed* carry, if the officer sees the firearm?
    Picture me shrugging.
    I know exactly where the problem happened, & it wasn't something I had control over.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 11-19-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: corrected screen names
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Tyler (don't know if he's here, or his screen name), who tried to bail me out.
    TyGuy.....

Yes. They are actually preferred over pigeons to deliver messages in the military. I also know it is almost impossible to capture them.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    And don't do that to a perfectly nice crow.
    If they were so smart they wouldn't wake up and pi$$ of yours truly, the owner of at least one shotgun.

Friggen noise makin', owl chasin' crows

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-19-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Here is the button as a direct link:
    Donation Completed!

Dirty

Best wishes on this

Oregon donation sent, had to send cash, PayPal would not take a turkey.

Hope you are adjusting to the outside after your time in the slammer.

Best wishes on fighting this apparent contempt of cop charge.

Sounds like the new law as written needs clarification.

(3) the weapon is concealed, or hidden from ordinary view - meaning it is indiscernible from the ordinary observation of a person located outside and within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle.”
    190 Wis.2d 65 (1994)
    The way I carry in my car, is the same as I walk around... I just keep it in my holster on my right hip. This makes it discernible from the immediate vicinity of the vehicle if you look in from the passenger side, but due to my Mt. Dew gut, not so discernible from the driver's side. So who decides from where it is discernible or not?!?

Also, there are several threads about MKEgal's arrest, can I assume that this is the new primary thread to follow for the current updates?
    Last edited by Lord Sega; 11-19-2011 at 11:40 AM.

How about this: the trial is your raffle, and the prize is a good verdict for MKEgal and a good statewide precedent set saying you can OC in your car. I'll take that over wining a gun any day. Everyone wins or everyone looses, and it's happening now. Paypal your entry to MKEgal.

I am Tyler, but I am not the one that tried to bail you out. I am too far away.

I was on another site. Someone there put together a raffle for a RRA Ar-15, got the tickets, and drew a winner in less than two weeks. They raised $1,300 for a baby that needs medical care. Just saying is all.

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin Statute Chapter 563 Bingo and Raffle Control, 563.90 Qualified organization

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    563.90 Qualified organizations. Any local religious, charitable,
    service, fraternal or veterans organization or any organization
    to which contributions are deductible for federal income tax
    purposes or state income or franchise tax purposes, which has
    been in existence for one year immediately preceding its application
    for a license or which is chartered by a state or national organization
    which has been in existence for at least 3 years, may conduct
    a raffle upon receiving a license for the raffle event from the
    department. No other person may conduct a raffle in this state.

563.90 Qualified organizations. Any local religious, charitable,
    service, fraternal or veterans organization or any organization
    to which contributions are deductible for federal income tax
    purposes or state income or franchise tax purposes, which has
    been in existence for one year immediately preceding its application
    for a license or which is chartered by a state or national organization
    which has been in existence for at least 3 years, may conduct
    a raffle upon receiving a license for the raffle event from the
    department. No other person may conduct a raffle in this state.
    So form a LLC wait a year and start raffling I geuss?

[everyday I'm rafflin] cue techno beat...

Sent using tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

You might find this article interesting, WSC W/Prossers opinion on Andres Vegas

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/lrb/pubs/wb/08wb16.pdf

Krysta, your attorney may find this interesting too. Send it to her/him please.

Here is the button as a direct link:
    Sweet, Thanks for the link. Sorry I couldn't send more MKEgal. I hope this all comes out in your(and our) favor!
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

Sent my small donation along via Pay-Pal. Hope it helps crack their skulls and leads to a bigger lawsuit and cash settlement for false arrest.

Good luck from the Sho-Me state.

TyGuy:
    Also, isn't it lovely that the police can hassle, arrest, jail you for hours, release you, and THEN decide what law you broke? What was their RAS to start with? Where's the 4th Ammendment here?
    Was just saying same thing to my wife earlier today. How convenient? Anyone know if this existed pre-"patriot act", or if it a product of such? If they can't make a clean bust, right then and there, then it should not happen at all. (yes, I know, reality check)

Law abider:
    I was just reading Van Hollen's 2009 advisory memo and in my opinion it is speaking out of both siders of the mouth. Maybe this is also what they are looking at. Maybe this court case will clear up the smoke hanging over weather we can OC in the car now if the CC rulings have made that possible. Remember leos ( most of them) don't want us to open carry. Will send donation by paypal.
    Remember LEO's, (most of them) don't want any of us to be armed at all, ever, no-how. Some are "cool", but I've met more of the opposite. Perhaps a product of city dwelling vs country life.

Think of it,... we have a whole generation of law enforcement that has literally grown up watching the TV unReality show (aka: conditioning tool) called "COPS". Is it any wonder? (true, the agenda pre-dates the show)

TyGuy:
    Can you tell me the section # where you see the definition of concealed, I still do not. :-(
    AFAIK, they leave it very gray (like "very mediocre"!? Can that be?) so as to fashion as needed. If it is/was drugs, they could see it per plain view doctrine. If it is/was an openly carried handgun, they "couldn't" see it, per plain view doctrine.

I guess you could say that it all depends on how you look at it.

Regardless of affiliation (NRA/GOA/JPFO/WCI/....ETC), support the cause to help get things sorted properly. If you are an actual citizen, remember, the branch you are sitting on is the same branch you are sawing off if you condone tyranny. We all share the consequences, good or bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saw_branch_colsmall.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	7443

Thanks to all for tuning in! Good night.
    Last edited by PQ36; 11-20-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: add .jpg

That applies in Wisconsin. This, however, is the internet.

For instance:
    I was on another site. Someone there put together a raffle for a RRA Ar-15, got the tickets, and drew a winner in less than two weeks. They raised $1,300 for a baby that needs medical care. Just saying is all.
    If someone wants to do that, they should just do that. Find a friendly FFL who will discount the gun and ship it to the winner's local FFL, print up some tickets (or do the online equivalent, via email receipts), and take their own risks based on their own local law (and federal laws, since there might be interestate commerce involved).

No organization required at all.

But personally, I'm just sending money straight to MKEgal.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Grapeshot's Avatar

Rules consideration

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Agree also that they most efficient method of getting needed support to MKEgal is the direct approach.

Either use PayPal

or send it to Krysta c/o her attorney, check made out to Krysta Sutterfield.

Krysta Sutterfield
    c/o Mastantuono Law Office
    817 N Marshall St.
    Milwaukee, WI

http://www.mastantuono-law.com
    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time.

Yata hey

Clark County, NV-----------------------Mohave County, AZ
    Out of curiosity, what would be the possibility of getting the legislature involved? Would the legislator who sponsored the bill be able to clarify their intent, even if only in a letter? Would there be any weight on this to the court if he did so?
    Blue & Gold Firearms Training; Clark County, NV
    Certified Concierge Instruction

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast