• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in Hattiesburg

Wolfgang1952

Article 3, Section 12. Right to bear arms.

The right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person, or property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall not be called in question, but the legislature may regulate or forbid carrying concealed weapons.

SOURCES: 1817 art I § 23; 1832 art I § 23; 1869 art I § 15.

I am from Louisiana, is this basically the same as our

Article 1 - Section 11 - Right to Keep and Bear Arms

The right of each citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged, but this provision shall not prevent the passage of laws to prohibit the carrying of weapons concealed on the person.

Hear in La you don’t need a permit to OC. So I was rendering it was the same in Miss. I would like to attend yal’s neetup.

Last edited:

iroc4life

I have been OC for about 2 years here in south Ms living in Columbia but traveling from gulfport to Jackson very often and never had an issue with an on duty LEO. That being said, was in Columbia Sunday buying some tobacco while carrying concealed with and in the pants holstered .40 cal when someone in the store says to me "Sir, your gun is showing" I said "hmmm ok" and covered it back with my shirt. The fella in front of me says "no worries, it happens" and I notice a small .380 in a Serpa on his hip under his shirt. I said "no biggie, I usually OC here in Ms. The guy says to me "u can't do that in Ms" I said "yes I can I do everyday as the constitution says I can" He says "no it doesn't " I say "yes it does" with a smile. He says " No u can't open carry in Ms" I say "u don't know the law" He says "I know the law I'm off duty" I said " then u need to reread the document" He says "u can't open carry" I said " Yes I can and by the way, there is no open carry anyways Ms is stupid and says a gun in a holster is concealed" He said "huh yeah if u have a permit" and I just said "have a nice day" and walked out. Never asked for permit

Daylen

... I said " Yes I can and by the way, there is no open carry anyways Ms is stupid and says a gun in a holster is concealed" ...

Please don't perpetuate that dirty rumor, it only has potential to eliminate the right to bear arms; using a permit is not a right, but a privilage.