• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Drawing issues!

tim12232

So i have a few holsters, Serpa for glock 19 and 1911, Bianchi carry lok for the 1911, and a blackhawk iwb with clip for my glock 19 and today a tuck-able ETW leather iwb for my new sig 229. I can draw from all of my holsters without issue except for the new ETW tuck-able. It has an offset clip and it seems when I have it 4:30-5 on my body, it does not want to let go of the gun, "maybe twisting it around the gun". When it is off, the gun and holster are fine, in fact very little effort to remove.

Anyone else have these issues with a tuckable IWB holster?

tim

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
You have a holster that does not work for you. Why are you asking if anybody else has the problem you do, whether it be with your brand/model or with some other holster?

Either put it in your holster box or sell it/give it away.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I didnt know if there was somewhat of a break in or tips that I didnt know about.

Generally speaking, break-in would involve the handgun sticking in the holster or otherwise not working "right" regardless of the holster being on your body or not.

You may be torquing/twisting the handgun instead of pulling it straght out. That's not a holster malfunction - it's operator error. You could have it too far back past 3 o'clock and are twisting it during the draw.

But if you insist on carrying at 4:30-5 o'clock the holster is not the right one for you to use.

stay safe.

Nam-Vet

Try this, put your handgun in a scock, a clean one, not one you just took off haha and holster scocked handgun. s hould help streath the leather.

tim12232

Thanks for all the replies! I didnt use a sock, but did wrap some cling wrap around it a number of times, put it in the holster and then wore it for a few hours. It seems like that has helped a bit, Im gonna check with the shop i picked it up at, and see what they say too. I can return it, and I may end up spending more and getting something a little nicer like a Tucker gun leather IWB.

Thanks

Tim

Welcome to the forum Nam-Vet, Im originally from MN and I know what you all are about to experience up there......Jacket Weather....to put it kindly!

Marco

Might want to try this:

Wrapping your unloaded pistol in a 4-mil plastic bag the holster, or a couple layers of wax paper waxy side out. Work the wrapped pistol completely into the holster and let it sit overnight. This should stretch and loosen things up just enough. Many are fond of the wax paper method as it leaves some wax residue inside the holster that will not damage the holster or pistol, but slickens things up. DO NOT soak the holster in water or use any type of oil or leather conditioner on it in any way.

If this doesn't work defer to Skidmark's post.