• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cocealed Carry when deer hunting?

rimmer

OK. So I hunt with a hand gun. Can I also carry a concealed gun also? And how many concealed guns or weapons can a person carry at the same time?

oscar

Wolf1477

Heh as many as you can carry. I haven't seen anything at all to restrict the amount of firearms we're allowed to carry at any given point.

Also, there was an article/thread posted a while ago (here IIRC) discussing carrying concealed while hunting, your CCW is fully allowed.

Last edited:

rimmer

Thanks. There is some many different scenarios or what ifs with the new laws and hunting regulations that a person can get confused. The DNR needs to get their rules in line as to the new CCW laws.

oscar

Yooper

Here in MI, the DNR tried to restrict CCW while bowhunting, and carrying (OC) in state parks. Fortunately, the legislature took that power away from them. If the DNR there thinks that they are greater than God, like the ones here, I'm sure they'll try something down the road.

Captain Nemo

rimmer; You didn't indicate wether or not you have a conceal carry license. If you do not have a CCL you can carry a concealed weapon(s) only on your own land. If you have a CCL then you can carry a concealed weapon(s) anywhere concealed carry is not restricted. There is no quantity restrictions in the statute.

rimmer

rimmer; You didn't indicate wether or not you have a conceal carry license. If you do not have a CCL you can carry a concealed weapon(s) only on your own land. If you have a CCL then you can carry a concealed weapon(s) anywhere concealed carry is not restricted. There is no quantity restrictions in the statute.

I did get my CC permit on 11/16/2011