• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Outdoor Shooting range? (Near Hampton Roads)

gm2max

Hey guys, the normal inside gun range is getting old, and I was wondering if anyone here has a decent bit of land in the hampton roads area? I was hoping to shoot handguns only at different targets I'll provide. I will spot you some cash/box of ammo? For letting me shoot outside without the police being called. Cheers
-max

ocholsteroc

C2 shooting range is outdoors, WAY out in VB... 1 hour from me, I go sometimes, its nice but the downside it's by the hour... I really like it because they allow rapid fire, and sometimes you get to see someone with a machine gun.

http://www.thec2center.com/

860_315791730_NDf7B-Lgood.jpg

I think the shooting range on the right is off limits, for leo/mil only, if you want to rent it for non mil/leo training groups its $1,000 a day. Other wise its just the shooting lanes.

Last edited:

gm2max

I was hoping for someone's farmland or the type. Somewhere that reminds me of the 100 acres I used to roam as a kid. I know this is sketchy, but its worth a try

GreatDaneMan

Allen's Archery Gun & Tackle
964 Ocean Highway South, Hertford, NC
(252) 426-7811 ‎

Pretty sweet place, cant remember the cost but I was happy. Noone else was there, went out behind the gas station and put some lead down.

[video=youtube;jfQocVvwVz8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfQocVvwVz8[/video]

Heres a link to sat view... South side is handguns.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...hA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAkQ_BI

Last edited:

Sangre

The Ft. Lee public range at Ft. Lee in Petersburg is outdoors and pretty nice, although it is the only outdoor range I have been too. They have a covered handgun/shotgun range, and then a rifle range that is just under 100yards and you can shoot up to .223/5.56, but from a prone or kneeling position only. $5 an hour and they do sell various paper targets and have movable wooden stands. They didn't allow rapid fire, but bursts where okay. They where open on Sunday from 10a-4p when I went, but I remember reading somewhere they may not be open every weekend or only seasonally so I would call first if you where planning on visiting.

http://leemwr.com/Rec/rec_odr_pow.htm

If you look here on Google Maps, the tower is the bottom right hand corner with stairs going up, in front of that the horizontal covered area is the handgun/shotgun range and to the left the area with the 4 big stadium lights is the rifle range. Farther to the left are ranges that aren't open to the public and used for military training (kinda neat I thought, they definitely let them rapid fire!!!).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ft.+l...ar=Fort+Lee,+Prince+George,+Virginia&t=h&z=19

MSC 45ACP

Surry County

My old family doctor owns a good bit of Surry County. We had a small range setup a few years back. I'll get hold of him to see if we can still go out there.

Send me a PM and we'll work on it.

Mike

t33j

My old family doctor owns a good bit of Surry County. We had a small range setup a few years back. I'll get hold of him to see if we can still go out there.

Send me a PM and we'll work on it.

Mike
Also interested. (for IPSC style stuff)

There's a range in Wakefield that might be appropriate but I'm not a member there. I shoot bowling pin matches about 40 feet from the berm on the 50yd range but I'm not sure if you could just walk up and do that as a regular member provided nobody else is at the range.

Last edited:

LargeSarge

outdoor range in Hampton Roads area

1) Lafayette Gun Club (of course you have to be a member or guest)
2) Chickahomny Wildlife Management Area has (had?) a rifle and shotgun range. It's free and open to the public Sept 1-Mar 31 closed on Mondays.

Last edited:

Old Virginia Joe

Hey guys, the normal inside gun range is getting old, and I was wondering if anyone here has a decent bit of land in the hampton roads area? I was hoping to shoot handguns only at different targets I'll provide. I will spot you some cash/box of ammo? For letting me shoot outside without the police being called. Cheers
-max

I sent you a PM on this topic.

Spades

1) Lafayette Gun Club (of course you have to be a member or guest)

I have been keeping an eye out for a way to get on with them for a couple years now. Seems everyone I know has a friend or relative that is a member, but they have no interest in becoming a member so that I can mooch a membership off of them.

I know OP was looking for some farm land to shoot at, but aren't we all... :D . I can second the suggestion for C2, though. Been there a good amount and never had a bad experience. Just an all around nice place to shoot. The usual staff are helpful and pretty cool to boot.

t33j

I'm a member of LGC and shoot in the practical pistol matches there. Neither the facility nor special arrangements for the matches is comparable to shooting outside with a large field of view and being able to move around while doing so.

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

I have been keeping an eye out for a way to get on with them for a couple years now. Seems everyone I know has a friend or relative that is a member, but they have no interest in becoming a member so that I can mooch a membership off of them.

I know OP was looking for some farm land to shoot at, but aren't we all... :D . I can second the suggestion for C2, though. Been there a good amount and never had a bad experience. Just an all around nice place to shoot. The usual staff are helpful and pretty cool to boot.

Welcome!

lol 2010 join date first post, well welcome anyways..